From Penang New Asian Travel to Malacca by Buses
From Penang International Airport to Malacca by Flights
From Terminal Bus Sungai Nibong to Malacca by Buses
From Butterworth Penang to Malacca by Buses
Penang to Malacca destination reviews
How to get from Penang to Malacca
When you want to get from Penang to Malacca, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Flight. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Bus ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A flight ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about MYR 336.40. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a bus as a bus ticket costs as low as MYR 47.72.
How far is Penang from Malacca?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Penang to Malacca. Your trip will be a total of 280 miles (450 km). The flying distance is 256 miles (411 km).
How long does it take to get from Penang to Malacca?
The travel time from Penang to Malacca can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 2 to 9 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Penang to Malacca?
The cost of the trip from Penang to Malacca varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Transnasional MY: travelling by bus expect to pay as low as MYR 47.72 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a flight - a one-way flight ticket can cost as much as MYR 336.40.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Penang to Malacca:
- Bus tickets - MYR 48.00 to MYR 54.00;
- Plane tickets - MYR 111.00 to MYR 336.00;
How many trips per day are there between Penang and Malacca?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Buses start plying the route from 08:30 - you can also take a bus as late as 22:45. There are 9 available bus trips every day.
- Flights from Penang to Malacca depart during the day - there are approximately 3 departures a day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Penang to Malacca. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is MYR 111.00.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Penang to Malacca
AirAsia (AirAsia), Malindo Air
Taking a bus from Penang to Malacca is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
The most popular transport from Penang to Malacca
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Penang to Malacca? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 969 decided to go for a bus.
- 31 users took a plane.