12Go is committed to protecting your personal data and takes the responsibility to secure any and all customer private information in connection with the use of this website or any other in control of 12Go group.
12Go is an online ticket agent and sells tickets of transport operators and other resellers. 12Go is not a transport operator as it is and does not operate any vehicles on its own. More information about 12Go you may get in our Terms and conditions.
This policy applies where 12Go is acting as a “data controller” with respect to the personal data of the website visitors and service users and in accordance with the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (PDPA), the subject of governmental amendments from time to time, and Thailand governing laws including the Thailand Civil and Commercial Code B.E. 2468, Penal Code, B.E. 2499 (1956), and Child Protection Act B.E. 2543 (2003), the subject of governmental amendments from time to time.
You also acknowledge that the personal data you submit for publication through our website or services may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use (or misuse) of such personal data by others.
What personal data we collect
Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ("data subject"); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person (the definition is contained in the Article 4 (1) of the the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR).
We may collect your personal data when you book a travel with us through this website (including but not limited to either directly or indirectly through our trusted third parties partners), create your personal account, use this website and / or mobile (or any other) application and other websites accessible through our website and / or mobile (or any other) application, participate in a survey or competition, or when you contact us.
We also collect the following personal data:
- Your profile and contact data (including your name and surname, passport (ID) details or other recognized personal ID card numbers and details, date of birth, gender, address, telephone numbers, email addresses, details of your travels, other travel information on bookings made at this website, information of other passengers travelling with you (name, surname, passport (ID) details or other recognized personal ID card numbers and details, date of birth, gender, other travel information, etc.)).
- Depending on the case, medical conditions for passengers who have special medical requirements.
- Your payment data (including your bank details or payment cardholder details, PayPal account or other e-payment account information).
- Other information in connection with booking tickets, which may be required by a carrier.
- Other payment information, which may be required by governmental, tax, audit, or bank authorities to complete or check transactions.
- Your usage data (your locations, including real-time geographic location of your computer or device through GPS, Bluetooth, and your IP address, along with crowd-sourced Wi-Fi hotspot and cell tower locations, if you use location-based features and turn on the location services settings on your device or computer; browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths, as well as information about the timing, frequency and pattern of your service use, etc.).
- Your correspondence data (information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us, including file attachments you may provide).
- Your enquiry data (information contained in any enquiry you submit to us regarding goods and/or services we provided).
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers, a review you leave about the carrier after your travel.
What do we do with the information we collect and process
We collect your personal data to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Providing you with products and services you request. Personal information you give us is used for the purpose to perform the services you have requested for in relation to your booked travel, including requests for its changes and cancellation. We send only the required data to carriers and travel operators that are directly involved in your travel including your review texts to allow the operators to improve their services.
- Providing you with urgent information in the event of your travel time change or cancellation, weather conditions, travel delays, force majeure, etc. We may send you communication about the services you have requested for any change to such services.
- For accounting, billing and audit purposes and to detect and / or prevent any fraudulent or money laundering activities. We may share your payment data with third parties partners (such as OMISE, PayPal, Kasikorn Bank Thailand, OCBC Bank Singapore).
- Providing and improving of our products and services, for the purposes of operating and analyzing the use of this website, for its monitoring and improving, for ensuring the security of this website and services, maintaining back-ups of our databases and communicating with you.
Sharing and disclosing of your personal data
Your personal data may be shared with other companies within the 12Go Group.
We may also share your personal data with the following third parties for the purpose described hereof:
- Government authorities, law enforcement bodies, regulators and airports in your itinerary and for the compliance with other legal requirements;
- Trusted GDS (Global Distribution System) agents;
- Trusted carriers and travel operators required to deliver the services you have requested for through this website;
- Trusted service providers we are using to run our business in all countries we operate in, call centers providing assistance to our customers, cloud service and email marketing service providers assisting our marketing team with running customer surveys and providing targeted marketing campaigns;
- Credit and debit card companies which facilitate your payments to us, and anti-fraud screening, which may need information about your method and process of payment to ensure the security of your payment transaction;
- Legal and other professional advisers, law courts and law enforcement bodies in all countries we operate in in order to enforce our legal rights in relation to our contract with you;
- Our trusted third party partners (identified on our website) who offer travel related products and services on our website. If you choose to purchase products or services offered on our websites by such third parties partners, you may be a customer of both 12Go and these third parties, and we and our partners may collect and share information about you, such as your booking and contact details, and your billing information. We are not responsible for third parties’ use of your personal data where such use is permitted for their own purposes. Please consult their privacy policies for further information.
In certain circumstances, we may disclose your personal data to third parties if we determine, such disclosure is necessary and in following cases:
- to protect and to assert our legal rights, your legal rights and the legal rights of others;
- to protect our systems, assets, employees, members and customers;
- to ensure the integrity and operation of our business and systems, to protect our business against risks;
- to obtain or to maintain insurance coverage, managing risks, or to obtain professional advice;
- to comply with legitimate and enforceable governmental requests, subpoenas or court orders, where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure.
We may choose to comply with or disregard such requests or orders in our sole discretion.
12Go operates businesses in multiple jurisdictions, some of which are not located in the European Economic Area (EEA), such as South East Asia region, India, Australia and New Zealand, Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, etc., (the list of carriers and travel operators, and trusted third parties partners are available in the travel timetables through this website). While countries outside the EEA do not always have data protection laws, we require all services providers to process your information in a secure manner and in accordance with Singapore, Thailand and EU laws on data protection.
If your personal data is the subject of GDPR (the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679) protection, please be aware that while we collect and transfer your data outside the EEA, we comply with the GDPR provisions in order to ensure the level of protection of personal rights. In cases of transfers of your personal data outside the EEA, it will be protected by appropriate safeguards or binding corporate rules. A copy of which you can obtain from the websites or directly from the offices of carriers and resellers presented at this website.
Storing, controlling and security of your personal data
All your personal data is collected, processed and kept for the purpose of internal record keeping as required by the law. We will only process your personal data where we have a legal basis to do so. The legal basis will depend on the reasons we have collected and needs to use your personal data for.
Personal data that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be retained for longer than is necessary for those purposes. Where it is impossible to specify in advance the periods for which your personal data will be retained, we will determine the period of retention based on the purposes of collecting of your personal data and exhausted of needs to retain it. For the purposes to determine the appropriate retention period we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the purposes for which the personal data is collected and processed. We also have to comply to retain periods specified by Singapore and Thailand laws.
When we no longer need your personal data, we will securely delete or destroy it. We will also consider if and how we can minimize over time personal data that we use, and if we can anonymize your personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you or identify you, in which case we may use that information without further notice to you.
Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section, we may retain your personal data where such retention is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or it is required by law. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties, which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us to analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website, to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
- authentication - to identify you when you visit our website and as you navigate our website;
- status - to help us to determine if you are logged into our website;
- personalization - to store information about your preferences and to personalize the website for you;
*security - to protect user accounts, including preventing fraudulent use of login credentials, and to protect our website and services generally;
- advertising - to help us to display advertisements that will be relevant to you;
- analysis - to help us to analyze the use and performance of our website and services;
You can choose to accept or decline or block cookies. You can modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website. Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest.
Other links contained at this website are not under 12Go control. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the applicable privacy statement.
Your rights under data protection regulations
Our website incorporates privacy controls which affect how we will process your personal data.
At the same time your principal rights are:
- the right to access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to object to processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to complain to a supervisory authority; and
- the right to withdraw consent.
You are also entitled at your profile:
- to request the details of your personal information which we hold about you;
- to restrict the collection or use of your personal information by indicating that you do not want your personal information to be used for direct marketing purposes which do not directly concern your travel data;
- to withdraw your consent and delete your personal data at any time by clicking “delete” buttons provided at your personal profile.
The disposal of your personal data is possible only after completing of all your travels. If you wish to delete your date before you travel we need to cancel your booking, because we can not inform you about any unexpected changes, cancellation or other influences on your future travels. You should be aware that some of your personal data can not be disposed or deleted for the purpose to comply with legal obligations. Some of your personal data should be retained for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person; for accounting, billing and audit purposes and to detect and / or prevent any fraudulent or money laundering activities.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information or to exercise any of the other rights. However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Additionally we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
Please be aware that we may request from you specific information to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information or to exercise any of the other rights. It is necessary and appropriate security measure to ensure that your personal data is not disclosed to any person with no entitlement for this.
We also understand the importance to take extra precautions to protect the privacy and safety of children. Accordingly, children under 16 years of age will not be permitted to open any account with 12Go. We will delete any such accounts if we are made aware that it was created by a child under 16.
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes. We may notify you of significant changes to this policy by email.
This website is owned and operated by 12Go Pte., registered in Singapore, 16 Raffles Quay, #33-03 Hong Leong Building, 048581.
You can contact us by post to our operating office in Thailand, No. 318, 3rd floor DOB Building, Room No. C2, Rama IV Road, Maha Pruettharam Sub-district, Bang Rak District, Bangkok Metropolis, 10500, or by using our support contact form.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org or use our support contact form as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.