From Penang Ferry Terminal to Langkawi by ferry
From Penang International Airport (PEN) to Langkawi (LGK) by flight
From Butterworth Railway Station to Langkawi by taxi+ferry joint ticket
Penang to Langkawi destination reviews
How to get from Penang to Langkawi
When you want to get from Penang to Langkawi, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Flight. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Taxi+ferry ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A flight ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about MYR 438.87. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a ferry as a ferry ticket costs as low as MYR 84.17.
How far is Penang from Langkawi?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Penang to Langkawi. Your trip will be a total of 135 miles (217 km). The flying distance is 79 miles (127 km).
How long does it take to get from Penang to Langkawi?
The travel time from Penang to Langkawi can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 1 to 5 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Penang to Langkawi?
The cost of the trip from Penang to Langkawi varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Super Fast Ferry Ventures: travelling by ferry expect to pay as low as MYR 84.17 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a flight - a one-way flight ticket can cost as much as MYR 438.87.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Penang to Langkawi:
- Ferry tickets - MYR 84.00 to MYR 84.00.
- Plane tickets - MYR 106.00 to MYR 439.00;
- charter+ferry price: MYR 257.00 - MYR 257.00. From Penang to Langkawi starting from 00:00 Butterworth Railway Station until 00:00 Butterworth Railway Station
How many trips per day are there between Penang and Langkawi?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- 6 by charter+ferry from Penang to Langkawi starting from 00:00 Butterworth Railway Station until 00:00 Butterworth Railway Station
- Flights from Penang to Langkawi depart during the day - there are approximately 4 departures a day.
- Ferries leave from Penang for Langkawi 2 times a day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Penang to Langkawi. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is MYR 106.00.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Penang to Langkawi
AirAsia (AirAsia), Malaysia Airlines
Travelling by ferry is one of the most scenic ways to get from Penang to Langkawi as it combines transportation and sightseeing to some extent.
However, with these upsides in mind, you should still understand ferry travel is not for everyone. If you’re prone to seasickness it may be an unpleasant experience. As a rule, a ferry journey isn’t the cheapest way to travel During the high season ferry tickets might be hard to get, so you should always book in advance when possible.
Things to remember: ferry rides are dependent on weather conditions.
The most popular transport from Penang to Langkawi
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Penang to Langkawi? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 88% users voted for a ferry ticket.
- 12% users took a plane.
- 0% chosen charter+ferry