Delhi to Rishikesh by bus, train, flight, taxi from INR 579
You have applied 1 search filters
From New Delhi to Rishikesh by Trains+Taxis
From Delhi to Rishikesh by Buses
From Indira Gandhi Airport to Rishikesh by Flights
From Delhi Airport to Rishikesh by Taxis
From Delhi Hotel Transfer to Rishikesh by Taxis
Transport types between Delhi and Rishikesh
Delhi to Rishikesh destination reviews
How to get from Delhi to Rishikesh
When you want to get from Delhi to Rishikesh, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Flight. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Bus ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A taxi ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about INR 9,419. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a bus as a bus ticket costs as low as INR 579.
How far is Delhi from Rishikesh?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Delhi to Rishikesh. Your trip will be a total of 148 miles (238 km). The flying distance is 129 miles (207 km).
How long does it take to get from Delhi to Rishikesh?
The travel time from Delhi to Rishikesh can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 1 to 8 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Delhi to Rishikesh?
The cost of the trip from Delhi to Rishikesh varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Deluxe Bus Service: travelling by bus expect to pay as low as INR 579 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a taxi - a one-way taxi ticket can cost as much as INR 9,419.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Delhi to Rishikesh:
- Bus tickets - INR 579 to INR 1,019;
- train+charter price: INR 3,317 - INR 3,317. From Delhi to Rishikesh starting from 06:45 New Delhi until 06:45 New Delhi
- Plane tickets - INR 3,635 to INR 7,514;
You can order a taxi, too - an estimated cost of the ride is from INR 6,672 to INR 9,419.
How many trips per day are there between Delhi and Rishikesh?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Flights from Delhi to Rishikesh depart during the day - there are approximately 29 departures a day.
- Buses start plying the route from 22:35 - you can also take a bus as late as 23:30. There are 5 available bus trips every day.
- 2 by train+charter from Delhi to Rishikesh starting from 06:45 New Delhi until 06:45 New Delhi
Taxis are a good option to consider for this route, too. Book a cab to take you from Delhi to Rishikesh any time of the day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Delhi to Rishikesh. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is INR 3,635.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Delhi to Rishikesh
Air India (Air India), IndiGo (IndiGo), Jet Airways (Jet Airways), SpiceJet (SpiceJet)
Taking a bus from Delhi to Rishikesh is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
Catching a cab is the easiest way to get from Delhi to Rishikesh. It allows you to tailor-make your trip, plan all the detours and see all the places you want. You can choose the type and the size of your car as well to be as comfortable as you'd like to.
Depending on the route, it might cost as much as INR 6,672.
Things to remember: It's a good idea to follow the route on Google Maps or any other GPS navigator.
The most popular transport from Delhi to Rishikesh
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Delhi to Rishikesh? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 578 chosen train+charter
- 246 users took a plane.
- 148 decided to go for a bus.
- 28 decided to catch a taxi.