Delhi to Manali by bus, train, flight, taxi from INR 988
From New Delhi to Manali by Buses
From New Delhi to Manali by Trains+Buses
From Delhi to Manali by Buses
Transport types between Delhi and Manali
How to get from Delhi to Manali
When you want to get from Delhi to Manali, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Flight. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Bus ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A taxi ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about INR 27,621. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a bus as a bus ticket costs as low as INR 988.
How far is Delhi from Manali?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Delhi to Manali. Your trip will be a total of 345 miles (554 km). The flying distance is 252 miles (404 km).
How long does it take to get from Delhi to Manali?
The travel time from Delhi to Manali can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 2 to 15 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Delhi to Manali?
The cost of the trip from Delhi to Manali varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Himachal Holiday Tours: travelling by bus expect to pay as low as INR 988 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a taxi - a one-way taxi ticket can cost as much as INR 27,621.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Delhi to Manali:
- Bus tickets - INR 988 to INR 1,846;
- train+bus price: INR 2,336 - INR 2,462. From Delhi to Manali starting from 07:40 New Delhi until 07:40 New Delhi
- Plane tickets - INR 12,503 to INR 12,503;
You can order a taxi, too - an estimated cost of the ride is from INR 15,862 to INR 27,621.
How many trips per day are there between Delhi and Manali?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Buses start plying the route from 06:40 - you can also take a bus as late as 23:15. There are 37 available bus trips every day.
- 4 by train+bus from Delhi to Manali starting from 07:40 New Delhi until 07:40 New Delhi
- Flights from Delhi to Manali depart during the day - there are approximately 1 departures a day.
Taxis are a good option to consider for this route, too. Book a cab to take you from Delhi to Manali any time of the day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Delhi to Manali. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is INR 12,503.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Delhi to Manali
Air India (Air India)
Taking a bus from Delhi to Manali is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
Catching a cab is the easiest way to get from Delhi to Manali. It allows you to tailor-make your trip, plan all the detours and see all the places you want. You can choose the type and the size of your car as well to be as comfortable as you'd like to.
Depending on the route, it might cost as much as INR 15,862.
Things to remember: It's a good idea to follow the route on Google Maps or any other GPS navigator.
The most popular transport from Delhi to Manali
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Delhi to Manali? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 535 chosen train+bus
- 465 decided to go for a bus.