Bangalore to Chennai by bus, train, flight, taxi from INR 429
From KSR Bangalore to Chennai by Trains
From Banaswadi to Chennai by Trains
From Yesvantpur Jn to Chennai by Trains
From Bangalore to Chennai by Buses
From Bangalore Airport to Chennai by Flights
From Bangalore Hotel Transfer to Chennai by Taxis
Bangalore to Chennai destination reviews
How to get from Bangalore to Chennai
When you want to get from Bangalore to Chennai, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Flight. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Train ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A taxi ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about INR 17,974. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a train as a train ticket costs as low as INR 429.
How far is Bangalore from Chennai?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Bangalore to Chennai. Your trip will be a total of 14911 miles (23991 km). The flying distance is 179 miles (287 km).
How long does it take to get from Bangalore to Chennai?
The travel time from Bangalore to Chennai can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 1 to 480 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Bangalore to Chennai?
The cost of the trip from Bangalore to Chennai varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Indian Railways: travelling by train expect to pay as low as INR 429 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a taxi - a one-way taxi ticket can cost as much as INR 17,974.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Bangalore to Chennai:
- Train tickets - INR 429 to INR 2,003;
- Bus tickets - INR 1,156 to INR 2,309;
- Plane tickets - INR 2,677 to INR 7,213;
You can order a taxi, too - an estimated cost of the ride is from INR 14,285 to INR 17,974.
How many trips per day are there between Bangalore and Chennai?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Trains always run on a set schedule - there are 61 trains per day.
- Flights from Bangalore to Chennai depart during the day - there are approximately 38 departures a day.
- Buses start plying the route from 16:45 - you can also take a bus as late as 20:15. There are 13 available bus trips every day.
Taxis are a good option to consider for this route, too. Book a cab to take you from Bangalore to Chennai any time of the day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Bangalore to Chennai. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is INR 2,677.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Bangalore to Chennai
Air India (Air India), AirAsia India, IndiGo (IndiGo), Jet Airways (Jet Airways), SpiceJet (SpiceJet)
Taking a bus from Bangalore to Chennai is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
Catching a cab is the easiest way to get from Bangalore to Chennai. It allows you to tailor-make your trip, plan all the detours and see all the places you want. You can choose the type and the size of your car as well to be as comfortable as you'd like to.
Depending on the route, it might cost as much as INR 14,285.
Things to remember: It's a good idea to follow the route on Google Maps or any other GPS navigator.
Things to remember while choosing a train ticket:
Consider everything carefully while choosing the class of your train travel. In most cases, the second class is comfortable enough – it features 2 or 4 berths in each compartment and is often air-conditioned.
If you’re in for a premium experience, consider getting a first class ticket. The price of first class tickets may include Wifi, and a choice of snacks and drinks.
The most popular transport from Bangalore to Chennai
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Bangalore to Chennai? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 939 users enjoyed a train ride.
- 31 decided to go for a bus.
- 30 users took a plane.