From Terminal Bus Sungai Nibong to Ipoh by bus
From Sungai Nibong to Ipoh by bus
From Penang New Asian Travel to Ipoh by bus
From George Town to Ipoh by bus
From Butterworth to Ipoh by train
From Butterworth Penang to Ipoh by bus
From Butterworth to Ipoh by bus
How to get from George Town to Ipoh
When you want to get from George Town to Ipoh, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Train. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Bus ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A train ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about MYR 46.58. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a bus as a bus ticket costs as low as MYR 15.31.
How far is George Town from Ipoh?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from George Town to Ipoh. Your trip will be a total of 101 miles (162 km). The flying distance is 79 miles (127 km).
How long does it take to get from George Town to Ipoh?
The travel time from George Town to Ipoh can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 2 to 4 hours.
How much does it cost to get from George Town to Ipoh?
The cost of the trip from George Town to Ipoh varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Transnasional MY: travelling by bus expect to pay as low as MYR 15.31 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a train - a one-way train ticket can cost as much as MYR 46.58.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from George Town to Ipoh:
- Bus tickets - MYR 15.00 to MYR 30.00;
- Train tickets - MYR 35.00 to MYR 47.00;
How many trips per day are there between George Town and Ipoh?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Buses start plying the route from 06:30 - you can also take a bus as late as 22:00. There are 51 available bus trips every day.
- Trains always run on a set schedule - there are 10 trains per day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Taking a bus from Penang to Ipoh is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
Things to remember while choosing a train ticket:
Consider everything carefully while choosing the class of your train travel. In most cases, the second class is comfortable enough – it features 2 or 4 berths in each compartment and is often air-conditioned.
If you’re in for a premium experience, consider getting a first class ticket. The price of first class tickets may include Wifi, and a choice of snacks and drinks.
The most popular transport from George Town to Ipoh
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from George Town to Ipoh? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 993 decided to go for a bus.
- 7 users enjoyed a train ride.