From Chumphon Train Station to Ranong by bus
From Chumphon Town to Ranong by van and ferry joint ticket
From Chumphon Town to Ranong by van
From Night Ferry Pier to Ranong by ferry and van joint ticket
Chumphon to Ranong destination reviews
How to get from Chumphon to Ranong
When you want to get from Chumphon to Ranong, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Van. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Van+ferry ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A taxi ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about THB 3,850. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a bus as a bus ticket costs as low as THB 260.
How far is Chumphon from Ranong?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Chumphon to Ranong. Your trip will be a total of 117 miles (188 km). The flying distance is 61 miles (98 km).
How long does it take to get from Chumphon to Ranong?
The travel time from Chumphon to Ranong can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 2 to 4 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Chumphon to Ranong?
The cost of the trip from Chumphon to Ranong varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is KP Tripadvisor (บริษัท เคพี ทริปแอดไวเซอร์ แอนด์ เซอร์วิส จำกัด): travelling by bus expect to pay as low as THB 260 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a taxi - a one-way taxi ticket can cost as much as THB 3,850.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Chumphon to Ranong:
- Bus tickets - THB 260 to THB 260;
- Van price : THB 360 - THB 360;
- ferry+van price: THB 650 - THB 650. From Chumphon to Ranong starting from 07:00 Chumphon Town until 10:00 Chumphon Town
- van+ferry price: THB 650 - THB 650. From Chumphon to Ranong starting from 07:00 Chumphon Town until 10:00 Chumphon Town
You can order a taxi, too - an estimated cost of the ride is from THB 3,100 to THB 3,850.
How many trips per day are there between Chumphon and Ranong?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Vans from Chumphon to Ranong depart during the day - there are approximately 3 departures a day.
- Buses start plying the route from 09:00 - you can also take a bus as late as 11:00. There are 2 available bus trips every day.
- 2 by van+ferry from Chumphon to Ranong starting from 07:00 Chumphon Town until 10:00 Chumphon Town
- 1 by ferry+van from Chumphon to Ranong starting from 07:00 Chumphon Town until 10:00 Chumphon Town
Taxis are a good option to consider for this route, too. Book a cab to take you from Chumphon to Ranong any time of the day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Taking a bus from Chumphon to Ranong is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
Catching a cab is the easiest way to get from Chumphon to Ranong. It allows you to tailor-make your trip, plan all the detours and see all the places you want. You can choose the type and the size of your car as well to be as comfortable as you'd like to.
Depending on the route, it might cost as much as THB 3,100.
Things to remember: It's a good idea to follow the route on Google Maps or any other GPS navigator.
A shared van is another means of transport for traveling from Chumphon to Ranong. As far as travel time is concerned, it’s basically equal to a taxi ride, while price-wise it’s way more affordable. The majority of tourists book a van online in advance.
Sometimes, when trains or buses aren’t available, a van is your only way to get from Chumphon to Ranong.
Things to remember: while traveling by van, you might not have as much space for luggage as you would on a train or a plane. It’s a good idea to pack only the most useful things for a van trip and put them in a backpack that will be easy to carry around.
The most popular transport from Chumphon to Ranong
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Chumphon to Ranong? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 41% decided to go for a bus.
- 19% chosen ferry+van
- 19% opted for a van.
- 19% chosen van+ferry
- 2% decided to catch a taxi.