From Kuching Sentral to Sarawak by bus
From Sibu to Sarawak by bus
From Kuching Airport to Sarawak by flight
How to get from Kuching to Miri
When you want to get from Kuching to Miri, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Flight. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Bus ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A flight ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about MYR 285.96. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a bus as a bus ticket costs as low as MYR 30.00.
How far is Kuching from Miri?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Kuching to Miri. Your trip will be a total of 464 miles (746 km). The flying distance is 322 miles (517 km).
How long does it take to get from Kuching to Miri?
The travel time from Kuching to Miri can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 1 to 15 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Kuching to Miri?
The cost of the trip from Kuching to Miri varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is EVA Express: travelling by bus expect to pay as low as MYR 30.00 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a flight - a one-way flight ticket can cost as much as MYR 285.96.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Kuching to Miri:
- Bus tickets - MYR 30.00 to MYR 101.00;
- Plane tickets - MYR 194.00 to MYR 286.00;
How many trips per day are there between Kuching and Miri?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Flights from Kuching to Sarawak depart during the day - there are approximately 16 departures a day.
- Buses start plying the route from 01:30 - you can also take a bus as late as 23:30. There are 16 available bus trips every day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Kuching to Sarawak. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is MYR 194.00.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Kuching to Sarawak
AirAsia (AirAsia), Malaysia Airlines
Taking a bus from Kuching to Sarawak is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
The most popular transport from Kuching to Miri
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Kuching to Miri? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 500 users took a plane.
- 500 decided to go for a bus.