From Dehradun to New Delhi by Trains
From Rishikesh to New Delhi by Buses
From Dehradun to New Delhi by Buses
From Dehradun to New Delhi by Taxis
How to get from Dehra Dun to New Delhi
When you want to get from Dehra Dun to New Delhi, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Flight. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Train ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A flight ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about INR 13,707. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a bus as a bus ticket costs as low as INR 495.
How far is Dehra Dun from New Delhi?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Dehra Dun to New Delhi. Your trip will be a total of 368 miles (592 km). The flying distance is 130 miles (208 km).
How long does it take to get from Dehra Dun to New Delhi?
The travel time from Dehra Dun to New Delhi can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 1 to 12 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Dehra Dun to New Delhi?
The cost of the trip from Dehra Dun to New Delhi varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Deluxe Bus Service: travelling by bus expect to pay as low as INR 495 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a flight - a one-way flight ticket can cost as much as INR 13,707.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Dehra Dun to New Delhi:
- Bus tickets - INR 495 to INR 758;
- Train tickets - INR 587 to INR 1,827;
- Plane tickets - INR 3,714 to INR 13,707;
You can order a taxi, too - an estimated cost of the ride is from INR 4,923 to INR 6,408.
How many trips per day are there between Dehra Dun and New Delhi?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Flights from Dehra Dun to Delhi depart during the day - there are approximately 26 departures a day.
- Trains always run on a set schedule - there are 17 trains per day.
- Buses start plying the route from 21:30 - you can also take a bus as late as 22:31. There are 2 available bus trips every day.
Taxis are a good option to consider for this route, too. Book a cab to take you from Dehra Dun to Delhi any time of the day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Dehra Dun to Delhi. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is INR 3,714.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Dehra Dun to Delhi
Air India (Air India), IndiGo (IndiGo), Jet Airways (Jet Airways), SpiceJet (SpiceJet)
Taking a bus from Dehra Dun to Delhi is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
Catching a cab is the easiest way to get from Dehra Dun to Delhi. It allows you to tailor-make your trip, plan all the detours and see all the places you want. You can choose the type and the size of your car as well to be as comfortable as you'd like to.
Depending on the route, it might cost as much as INR 4,923.
Things to remember: It's a good idea to follow the route on Google Maps or any other GPS navigator.
Things to remember while choosing a train ticket:
Consider everything carefully while choosing the class of your train travel. In most cases, the second class is comfortable enough – it features 2 or 4 berths in each compartment and is often air-conditioned.
If you’re in for a premium experience, consider getting a first class ticket. The price of first class tickets may include Wifi, and a choice of snacks and drinks.
The most popular transport from Dehra Dun to New Delhi
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Dehra Dun to New Delhi? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 936 decided to go for a bus.
- 43 users took a plane.
- 21 users enjoyed a train ride.
- decided to catch a taxi.