From Auckland Central to Wellington by bus
How to get from Auckland Central to Wellington
When you want to get from Auckland Central to Wellington, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Train. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Bus ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A Bus ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about NZD 110,000.00. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a bus as a bus ticket costs as low as NZD 31.13.
How far is Auckland Central from Wellington?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Auckland Central to Wellington. Your trip will be a total of 358 miles (575 km). The flying distance is 310 miles (498 km).
How long does it take to get from Auckland Central to Wellington?
The travel time from Auckland Central to Wellington can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 11 to 12 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Auckland Central to Wellington?
The cost of the trip from Auckland Central to Wellington varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is InterCity Group: travelling by bus expect to pay as low as NZD 31.13 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a Bus - a one-way Bus ticket can cost as much as NZD 110,000.00.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Auckland Central to Wellington:
- Bus tickets - NZD 31.00 to NZD 110,000.00;
- Train tickets - NZD 199.00 to NZD 199.00;
How many trips per day are there between Auckland Central and Wellington?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Buses start plying the route from 07:30 - you can also take a bus as late as 20:45. There are 8 available bus trips every day.
- Trains always run on a set schedule - there are 1 trains per day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Taking a bus from Auckland to Wellington is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
Things to remember while choosing a train ticket:
Consider everything carefully while choosing the class of your train travel. In most cases, the second class is comfortable enough – it features 2 or 4 berths in each compartment and is often air-conditioned.
If you’re in for a premium experience, consider getting a first class ticket. The price of first class tickets may include Wifi, and a choice of snacks and drinks.
The most popular transport from Auckland Central to Wellington
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Auckland Central to Wellington? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 750 users enjoyed a train ride.
- 250 decided to go for a bus.