From Auckland Central to Wellington by bus
From Auckland Airport (AKL) to Wellington (WLG) by flight
Auckland to Wellington destination reviews
How to get from Auckland to Wellington
When you want to get from Auckland to Wellington, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Flight. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Bus ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A flight ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about NZD 417.55. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a flight as a flight ticket costs as low as NZD 58.65.
How far is Auckland from Wellington?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Auckland to Wellington. Your trip will be a total of 342 miles (550 km). The flying distance is 300 miles (482 km).
How long does it take to get from Auckland to Wellington?
The travel time from Auckland to Wellington can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 2 to 11 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Auckland to Wellington?
The cost of the trip from Auckland to Wellington varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Jetstar Airways: travelling by flight expect to pay as low as NZD 58.65 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a flight - a one-way flight ticket can cost as much as NZD 417.55.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Auckland to Wellington:
- Plane tickets - NZD 59.00 to NZD 418.00;
- Bus tickets - NZD 82.00 to NZD 117.00;
How many trips per day are there between Auckland and Wellington?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Flights from Auckland to Wellington depart during the day - there are approximately 39 departures a day.
- Buses start plying the route from 08:00 - you can also take a bus as late as 19:30. There are 5 available bus trips every day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Auckland to Wellington. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is NZD 59.00.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Auckland to Wellington
Air New Zealand, Jetstar Airways
Taking a bus from Auckland to Wellington is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
The most popular transport from Auckland to Wellington
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Auckland to Wellington? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 100% users took a plane.