COVID-19 restrictions in Thailand
Last updated at 9 September 2021
Travel advice from 1 September 2021 onwards
- Check latest updates about control measures at the destination province or check on important information/province in advance before travelling.
- Prepare documents and evidence as specified in the destination province.
- In the case of documents confirming you having been vaccinated, use the information in the application "Mor Prom".
- In case of using the test results for COVID-19, check list of certified laboratories to choose the service from.
- At least 3 days prior to the traveling date.
- Always follow the D-M-H-T-T-A standard set by the government.
- While you are at the destination:
- Follow orders and cooperate with officials at your destination.
- Follow the measures prescribed by the province, such as observing one's symptoms throughout the period of stay in that province.
Travel to Phuket
Starting from 16 August, 2021, the “Phuket Sandbox 7+7 Extension” program allows eligible international travelers to reduce the mandatory stay in Phuket from 14 to 7 days, after which another 7 nights can be spent in Krabi (Ko Phi Phi, Ko Ngai, or Railay), Phang-Nga (Khao Lak or Ko Yao), or Surat Thani (Samui Plus – Ko Samui, Ko Pha-ngan, or Ko Tao). Now you can book hotels, rent a car, find fun activities, as well as other services for your Phuket Sandbox trips at your disposal.
For more official information, you can read here.
Phuket adjusts COVID-19 controls and travel screening in September 2021. Read more details.
Travel to Trat (including Koh Kood, Koh Chang, Koh Mak)
The passenger who is willing to stay in Trat, must have received 2 doses of vaccines completely and/or is required to have a medical certificate on COVID-19 test completed within the last 72 hrs. prior to the arrival.
NEW COVID-19 RULES AND RESTRICTIONS
Travel from/to Krabi
The passenger who is traveling from Krabi or willing to stay in Krabi, must have documents as below,
- 2 doses (Sinovac or Sinopharm) completed more than 7 days or 1 dose completed more than 14 days for AstraZeneca, Pfizer, Johnson & Johnson.
- A medical certificate of RT-PCR Test or Antigen Rapid Test completed within 72 hrs. before traveling.
Travel to Koh Tao, Koh Phangan
The passenger who is willing to stay in Koh Tao or Koh Phangan needs to have documents as below,
- 2 doses (Sinovac or Sinopharm) completed more than 7 days or 1 dose completed more than 21 days for AstraZeneca, Pfizer, Johnson & Johnson
- A medical certificate of RT-PCR Test or Antigen Rapid Test completed within the last 72 hrs. prior to the arrival.
Travel to Koh Lipe
The passenger from Samut Sakhon is required to have a medical certificate on COVID-19 test completed within the last 72 hrs.