I bought the ticket via 12go and I am aware that they are only selling the ticket and are not operating the buses. The bus had 12-15 passengers, give or take, during the tour. The trip between Vientiane and Luang Prabang was interesting and I can summarize it as:
- We made it all the way without any incidents . That said there was several near-misses and some serious incidents observed on the way (see below)
- The driver of the bus was politely and friendly
- The air-con was not to cold (which is often a problem on this buses)
- Plenty of stops en-route (might be annoying for some) ensured that the engine - and most importantly - the brakes could cool down before continue the ride.
- We observed a truck involved in a "front to front" collision with another heavy vehicle. This caused some delays both southbound and northbound.
- We observed an incident involving two motorcycles with at least two fatalities. Shocking!
- I showed up the 1 hour before pick up (as instructed on the ticket) just to experience that I had to wait for 1 hour and 20 minutes for the pick-up.
- At the bus station there was some confusion about which bus to take, wen it was leaving etc, but it was sorted out in the end.
- The bus was old, noisy and had seen better days. But remember- this is Laos
- The roads was bumpy, and to some extent, unpaved. But remember- this is Laos