From Kantor Jalan Ring Road to Bali by bus
From Terminal Giwangan to Bali by bus
From Adisutjipto Airport (JOG) to Bali by flight
How to get from Yogyakarta to Bali
When you want to get from Yogyakarta to Bali, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Flight. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Bus ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A flight ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about IDR 1,204,616. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a bus as a bus ticket costs as low as IDR 276,514.
How far is Yogyakarta from Bali?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Yogyakarta to Bali. Your trip will be a total of 358 miles (575 km). The flying distance is 339 miles (545 km).
How long does it take to get from Yogyakarta to Bali?
The travel time from Yogyakarta to Bali can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 2 to 12 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Yogyakarta to Bali?
The cost of the trip from Yogyakarta to Bali varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Bus Tami Jaya Cabang Denpasar (Tami Jaya Denpasar): travelling by bus expect to pay as low as IDR 276,514 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a flight - a one-way flight ticket can cost as much as IDR 1,204,616.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Yogyakarta to Bali:
- Bus tickets - IDR 276,514 to IDR 336,905;
- Plane tickets - IDR 578,189 to IDR 1,204,616;
How many trips per day are there between Yogyakarta and Bali?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Flights from Yogyakarta to Bali depart during the day - there are approximately 10 departures a day.
- Buses start plying the route from 11:30 - you can also take a bus as late as 12:00. There are 5 available bus trips every day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Yogyakarta to Bali. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is IDR 578,189.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Yogyakarta to Bali
Indonesia AirAsia, Lion Air
Taking a bus from Yogyakarta to Bali is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
The most popular transport from Yogyakarta to Bali
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Yogyakarta to Bali? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 71% users took a plane.
- 29% decided to go for a bus.