From Aung Mingalar to Taunggyi by bus
From Yangon Central to Inle Lake by train
From Yangon Airport to Taunggyi by flight
Passenger reviews out of total 66 passengers who traveled with us on this route.
At 12Go our operators offer three types of service:
Cheap, Fast, Good - but you can usually pick only two of them!
Cheap & Fast won’t be Good. (e.g. buses from/to Khao San Road, local buses or 3rd class trains)
Cheap & Good won’t be Fast. (e.g. VIP trains in Thailand)
Fast & Good won’t be Cheap. (e.g. private limousine services, or VIP24 buses vs Express buses)
Make your choice! Please remember that while we are closely monitoring the services, we are still an agency marketplace. That means we focus on ticketing services and route availability & coverage rather than on the factual seat reclining angle you will get on the bus today.
How to get from Yangon to Taunggyi
When you want to get from Yangon to Taunggyi, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Flight. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Train ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A flight ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about MMK 200,323. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a train as a train ticket costs as low as MMK 23,715.
How far is Yangon from Taunggyi?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Yangon to Taunggyi. Your trip will be a total of 933 miles (1500 km). The flying distance is 278 miles (447 km).
How long does it take to get from Yangon to Taunggyi?
The travel time from Yangon to Taunggyi can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 1 to 30 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Yangon to Taunggyi?
The cost of the trip from Yangon to Taunggyi varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Myanmar Railways (Myanmar Railways): travelling by train expect to pay as low as MMK 23,715 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a flight - a one-way flight ticket can cost as much as MMK 200,323.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Yangon to Taunggyi:
- Train tickets - MMK 23,715 to MMK 23,715;
- Bus tickets - MMK 25,540 to MMK 34,661;
- Plane tickets - MMK 182,289 to MMK 200,323;
How many trips per day are there between Yangon and Taunggyi?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Flights from Yangon to Taunggyi depart during the day - there are approximately 19 departures a day.
- Buses start plying the route from 19:00 - you can also take a bus as late as 19:30. There are 2 available bus trips every day.
- Trains always run on a set schedule - there are 1 trains per day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Yangon to Taunggyi. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is MMK 182,289.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Yangon to Taunggyi
Air KBZ, Myanmar National Airlines
Taking a bus from Yangon to Taunggyi is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
Things to remember while choosing a train ticket:
Consider everything carefully while choosing the class of your train travel. In most cases, the second class is comfortable enough – it features 2 or 4 berths in each compartment and is often air-conditioned.
If you’re in for a premium experience, consider getting a first class ticket. The price of first class tickets may include Wifi, and a choice of snacks and drinks.
The most popular transport from Yangon to Taunggyi
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Yangon to Taunggyi? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 529 users took a plane.
- 471 users enjoyed a train ride.