From Aung Mingalar to Mawlamyine by bus
From Yangon Central to Mawlamyine by train
From Yangon Airport to Mawlamyine by flight
How to get from Yangon to Mawlamyine
When you want to get from Yangon to Mawlamyine, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Flight. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Train ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A flight ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about MMK 188,465. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a bus as a bus ticket costs as low as MMK 12,852.
How far is Yangon from Mawlamyine?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Yangon to Mawlamyine. Your trip will be a total of 322 miles (517 km). The flying distance is 107 miles (172 km).
How long does it take to get from Yangon to Mawlamyine?
The travel time from Yangon to Mawlamyine can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 1 to 11 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Yangon to Mawlamyine?
The cost of the trip from Yangon to Mawlamyine varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Mandalar Minn Express (Mandalar Minn Express): travelling by bus expect to pay as low as MMK 12,852 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a flight - a one-way flight ticket can cost as much as MMK 188,465.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Yangon to Mawlamyine:
- Bus tickets - MMK 12,852 to MMK 18,360;
- Train tickets - MMK 20,226 to MMK 20,226;
- Plane tickets - MMK 188,465 to MMK 188,465;
How many trips per day are there between Yangon and Mawlamyine?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Buses start plying the route from 08:30 - you can also take a bus as late as 22:00. There are 6 available bus trips every day.
- Flights from Yangon to Mawlamyine depart during the day - there are approximately 4 departures a day.
- Trains always run on a set schedule - there are 2 trains per day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Yangon to Mawlamyine. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is MMK 188,465.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Yangon to Mawlamyine
Myanmar National Airlines
Taking a bus from Yangon to Mawlamyine is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
Things to remember while choosing a train ticket:
Consider everything carefully while choosing the class of your train travel. In most cases, the second class is comfortable enough – it features 2 or 4 berths in each compartment and is often air-conditioned.
If you’re in for a premium experience, consider getting a first class ticket. The price of first class tickets may include Wifi, and a choice of snacks and drinks.
The most popular transport from Yangon to Mawlamyine
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Yangon to Mawlamyine? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 825 users enjoyed a train ride.
- 150 decided to go for a bus.
- 25 users took a plane.