From Aung Mingalar to Kalaw by bus
From Yangon Airport to Taunggyi by flight
How to get from Yangon to Kalaw
When you want to get from Yangon to Kalaw, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Flight. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Bus ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A flight ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about MMK 204,369. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a bus as a bus ticket costs as low as MMK 34,889.
How far is Yangon from Kalaw?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Yangon to Kalaw. Your trip will be a total of 280 miles (450 km). The flying distance is 262 miles (420 km).
How long does it take to get from Yangon to Kalaw?
The travel time from Yangon to Kalaw can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 2 to 9 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Yangon to Kalaw?
The cost of the trip from Yangon to Kalaw varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is JJ Express (JJ Express): travelling by bus expect to pay as low as MMK 34,889 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a flight - a one-way flight ticket can cost as much as MMK 204,369.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Yangon to Kalaw:
- Bus tickets - MMK 34,889 to MMK 34,889;
- Plane tickets - MMK 170,637 to MMK 204,369;
How many trips per day are there between Yangon and Kalaw?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Flights from Yangon to Kalaw depart during the day - there are approximately 16 departures a day.
- Buses start plying the route from 18:00 - you can also take a bus as late as 18:00. There are 1 available bus trips every day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Yangon to Kalaw. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is MMK 170,637.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Yangon to Kalaw
Air KBZ, Myanmar National Airlines
Taking a bus from Yangon to Kalaw is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
The most popular transport from Yangon to Kalaw
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Yangon to Kalaw? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 786 decided to go for a bus.
- 214 users took a plane.