Yangon Airport to Mandalay
From Yangon Central to Mandalay by train
From Aung Mingalar to Mandalay by bus
From Yangon Airport to Mandalay by flight
How to get from Yangon Airport to Mandalay
When you want to get from Yangon Airport to Mandalay, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Flight. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Train ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A flight ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about MMK 197,931. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a train as a train ticket costs as low as MMK 17,994.
How far is Yangon Airport from Mandalay?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Yangon Airport to Mandalay. Your trip will be a total of 560 miles (900 km). The flying distance is 348 miles (559 km).
How long does it take to get from Yangon Airport to Mandalay?
The travel time from Yangon Airport to Mandalay can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 2 to 18 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Yangon Airport to Mandalay?
The cost of the trip from Yangon Airport to Mandalay varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Myanmar Railways (Myanmar Railways): travelling by train expect to pay as low as MMK 17,994 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a flight - a one-way flight ticket can cost as much as MMK 197,931.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Yangon Airport to Mandalay:
- Train tickets - MMK 17,994 to MMK 22,492;
- Bus tickets - MMK 17,994 to MMK 34,188;
- Plane tickets - MMK 169,891 to MMK 197,931;
How many trips per day are there between Yangon Airport and Mandalay?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Buses start plying the route from 08:00 - you can also take a bus as late as 22:30. There are 22 available bus trips every day.
- Flights from Yangon to Mandalay depart during the day - there are approximately 17 departures a day.
- Trains always run on a set schedule - there are 3 trains per day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Yangon to Mandalay. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is MMK 169,891.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Yangon to Mandalay
Air KBZ, Air Thanlwin, Myanmar Airways Intl, Myanmar National Airlines
Taking a bus from Yangon to Mandalay is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
Things to remember while choosing a train ticket:
Consider everything carefully while choosing the class of your train travel. In most cases, the second class is comfortable enough – it features 2 or 4 berths in each compartment and is often air-conditioned.
If you’re in for a premium experience, consider getting a first class ticket. The price of first class tickets may include Wifi, and a choice of snacks and drinks.
The most popular transport from Yangon Airport to Mandalay
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Yangon Airport to Mandalay? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 867 decided to go for a bus.
- 125 users enjoyed a train ride.
- 8 users took a plane.