Wellington to Papakura by bus, flight from NZD 49.37
From Wellington Central to Papakura by Buses
From Wellington Airport to Papakura by Flights
How to get from Wellington to Papakura
When you want to get from Wellington to Papakura, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Flight. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Bus ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A train ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about NZD 199.01. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a flight as a flight ticket costs as low as NZD 49.37.
How far is Wellington from Papakura?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Wellington to Papakura. Your trip will be a total of 381 miles (613 km). The flying distance is 292 miles (469 km).
How long does it take to get from Wellington to Papakura?
The travel time from Wellington to Papakura can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 2 to 12 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Wellington to Papakura?
The cost of the trip from Wellington to Papakura varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Jetstar Airways: travelling by flight expect to pay as low as NZD 49.37 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a train - a one-way train ticket can cost as much as NZD 199.01.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Wellington to Papakura:
- Plane tickets - NZD 49.00 to NZD 84.00;
- Bus tickets - NZD 51.00 to NZD 105.00;
- Train tickets - NZD 199.00 to NZD 199.00;
How many trips per day are there between Wellington and Papakura?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Flights from Wellington to Auckland depart during the day - there are approximately 38 departures a day.
- Buses start plying the route from 07:45 - you can also take a bus as late as 19:00. There are 4 available bus trips every day.
- Trains always run on a set schedule - there are 1 trains per day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Wellington to Auckland. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is NZD 49.00.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Wellington to Auckland
Air New Zealand, Jetstar Airways
Taking a bus from Wellington to Auckland is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
Things to remember while choosing a train ticket:
Consider everything carefully while choosing the class of your train travel. In most cases, the second class is comfortable enough – it features 2 or 4 berths in each compartment and is often air-conditioned.
If you’re in for a premium experience, consider getting a first class ticket. The price of first class tickets may include Wifi, and a choice of snacks and drinks.
The most popular transport from Wellington to Papakura
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Wellington to Papakura? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 1000 users enjoyed a train ride.