From Wellington to Canterbury by ferry+train joint ticket
From Wellington to Canterbury by ferry+bus joint ticket
From Wellington Airport (WLG) to Canterbury (CHC) by flight
How to get from Wellington to Christchurch
When you want to get from Wellington to Christchurch, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Ferry+bus. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Ferry+train ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A ferry+train ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about NZD 233.01. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a ferry+bus as a ferry+bus ticket costs as low as NZD 140.88.
How far is Wellington from Christchurch?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Wellington to Christchurch. Your trip will be a total of 304 miles (488 km). The flying distance is 214 miles (344 km).
How long does it take to get from Wellington to Christchurch?
The travel time from Wellington to Christchurch can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 10 to 10 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Wellington to Christchurch?
The cost of the trip from Wellington to Christchurch varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is InterCity Group, Interislander (Interislander): travelling by ferry+bus expect to pay as low as NZD 140.88 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a ferry+train - a one-way ferry+train ticket can cost as much as NZD 233.01.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Wellington to Christchurch:
- ferry+bus price: NZD 141.00 - NZD 141.00. From Wellington to Christchurch starting from 09:00 Wellington until 09:00 Wellington
- ferry+train price: NZD 233.00 - NZD 233.00. From Wellington to Christchurch starting from 09:00 Wellington until 09:00 Wellington
- Plane tickets - NZD 179,419.00 to NZD 179,419.00;
How many trips per day are there between Wellington and Christchurch?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Flights from Wellington to Christchurch depart during the day - there are approximately 32 departures a day.
- 2 by ferry+bus from Wellington to Christchurch starting from 09:00 Wellington until 09:00 Wellington
- 2 by ferry+train from Wellington to Christchurch starting from 09:00 Wellington until 09:00 Wellington
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Wellington to Christchurch. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is NZD 179,419.00.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Wellington to Christchurch
Air New Zealand, Jetstar Airways
The most popular transport from Wellington to Christchurch
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Wellington to Christchurch? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 56% chosen ferry+train
- 44% chosen ferry+bus