From Vientiane Southern Bus Station to Pakse by bus
Vientiane to Pakse destination reviews
How to get from Vientiane to Pakse
When you want to get from Vientiane to Pakse, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Van. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Van ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A van ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about LAK 296,459. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a van as a van ticket costs as low as LAK 195,977.
How far is Vientiane from Pakse?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Vientiane to Pakse. Your trip will be a total of 420 miles (675 km). The flying distance is 300 miles (482 km).
How long does it take to get from Vientiane to Pakse?
The travel time from Vientiane to Pakse can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 11 to 14 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Vientiane to Pakse?
The cost of the trip from Vientiane to Pakse varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Soutchai Travel (ບໍລິສັດ ສຸດໃຈທ່ອງທ່ຽວ ຈໍາກັດຜູ້ດຽວ): travelling by van expect to pay as low as LAK 195,977 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a van - a one-way van ticket can cost as much as LAK 296,459.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Vientiane to Pakse:
- Van price : LAK 195,977 - LAK 296,459;
- Bus tickets - LAK 211,757 to LAK 211,757;
How many trips per day are there between Vientiane and Pakse?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Vans from Vientiane to Pakse depart during the day - there are approximately 2 departures a day.
- Buses start plying the route from 20:30 - you can also take a bus as late as 20:30. There are 1 available bus trips every day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Taking a bus from Vientiane to Pakse is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
A shared van is another means of transport for traveling from Vientiane to Pakse. As far as travel time is concerned, it’s basically equal to a taxi ride, while price-wise it’s way more affordable. The majority of tourists book a van online in advance.
Sometimes, when trains or buses aren’t available, a van is your only way to get from Vientiane to Pakse.
Things to remember: while traveling by van, you might not have as much space for luggage as you would on a train or a plane. It’s a good idea to pack only the most useful things for a van trip and put them in a backpack that will be easy to carry around.
The most popular transport from Vientiane to Pakse
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Vientiane to Pakse? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 98% decided to go for a bus.
- 2% opted for a van.