From Thanaleng railway station to Vientiane by van
From Vientiane any hotel to Nong Khai by van+train joint ticket
From Vientiane Naga Travel to Nong Khai by bus+train joint ticket
From Vientiane Airport to Vientiane by taxi
From Vientiane Airport to Nong Khai by taxi
From Vientiane any hotel to Nong Khai by taxi+bus joint ticket
Passenger reviews out of total 231 passengers who traveled with us on this route.
At 12Go our operators offer three types of service:
Cheap, Fast, Good - but you can usually pick only two of them!
Cheap & Fast won’t be Good. (e.g. buses from/to Khao San Road, local buses or 3rd class trains)
Cheap & Good won’t be Fast. (e.g. VIP trains in Thailand)
Fast & Good won’t be Cheap. (e.g. private limousine services, or VIP24 buses vs Express buses)
Make your choice! Please remember that while we are closely monitoring the services, we are still an agency marketplace. That means we focus on ticketing services and route availability & coverage rather than on the factual seat reclining angle you will get on the bus today.
How to get from Vientiane to Nong Khai
When you want to get from Vientiane to Nong Khai, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Taxi. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Van ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A taxi ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about LAK 154,443. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a taxi as a taxi ticket costs as low as LAK 85,801.
How far is Vientiane from Nong Khai?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Vientiane to Nong Khai. Your trip will be a total of 63 miles (100 km). The flying distance is 12 miles (19 km).
How long does it take to get from Vientiane to Nong Khai?
The travel time from Vientiane to Nong Khai can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 1 to 2 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Vientiane to Nong Khai?
The cost of the trip from Vientiane to Nong Khai varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Ken Taxi Service (Ken Taxi Service): travelling by taxi expect to pay as low as LAK 85,801 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a taxi - a one-way taxi ticket can cost as much as LAK 154,443.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Vientiane to Nong Khai:
- Van price : LAK 87,816 - LAK 87,816;
- van+train price: LAK 87,816 - LAK 87,816. From Vientiane to Nong Khai starting from 15:30 Vientiane any hotel until 15:30 Vientiane any hotel
- bus+train price: LAK 123,491 - LAK 123,491. From Vientiane to Nong Khai starting from 15:00 Vientiane Naga Travel until 15:00 Vientiane Naga Travel
- Bus tickets - LAK 384,211 to LAK 384,211;
You can order a taxi, too - an estimated cost of the ride is from LAK 85,801 to LAK 154,443.
How many trips per day are there between Vientiane and Nong Khai?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Buses start plying the route from 17:00 - you can also take a bus as late as 17:00. There are 1 available bus trips every day.
- 1 by bus+train from Vientiane to Nong Khai starting from 15:00 Vientiane Naga Travel until 15:00 Vientiane Naga Travel
- Vans from Vientiane to Nong Khai depart during the day - there are approximately 1 departures a day.
- 1 by van+train from Vientiane to Nong Khai starting from 15:30 Vientiane any hotel until 15:30 Vientiane any hotel
Taxis are a good option to consider for this route, too. Book a cab to take you from Vientiane to Nong Khai any time of the day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Taking a bus from Vientiane to Nong Khai is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
Catching a cab is the easiest way to get from Vientiane to Nong Khai. It allows you to tailor-make your trip, plan all the detours and see all the places you want. You can choose the type and the size of your car as well to be as comfortable as you'd like to.
Depending on the route, it might cost as much as LAK 85,801.
Things to remember: It's a good idea to follow the route on Google Maps or any other GPS navigator.
A shared van is another means of transport for travelling from Vientiane to Nong Khai. As far as travel time is concerned, it’s basically equal to a taxi ride, while price-wise it’s way more affordable. The majority of tourists book a van online in advance.
Sometimes, when trains or buses aren’t available, a van is your only way to get from Vientiane to Nong Khai.
Things to remember: while travelling by van, you might not have as much space for luggage as you would on a train or a plane. It’s a good idea to pack only the most useful things for a van trip and put them in a backpack that will be easy to carry around.
The most popular transport from Vientiane to Nong Khai
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Vientiane to Nong Khai? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 532 decided to go for a bus.
- 468 chosen bus+train
- 334 chosen van+train
- 162 opted for a van.
- 36 decided to catch a taxi.