From Ubon Ratchathani to Khon Kaen by bus
From Ubon Ratchathani Airport (UBP) to Khon Kaen (KKC) by flight
Ubon Ratchathani to Khon Kaen destination reviews
How to get from Ubon Ratchathani to Khon Kaen
When you want to get from Ubon Ratchathani to Khon Kaen, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Bus. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Flight ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A flight ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about THB 4,244. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a bus as a bus ticket costs as low as THB 290.
How far is Ubon Ratchathani from Khon Kaen?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Ubon Ratchathani to Khon Kaen. Your trip will be a total of 234 miles (375 km). The flying distance is 180 miles (289 km).
How long does it take to get from Ubon Ratchathani to Khon Kaen?
The travel time from Ubon Ratchathani to Khon Kaen can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 5 to 20 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Ubon Ratchathani to Khon Kaen?
The cost of the trip from Ubon Ratchathani to Khon Kaen varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Phet Prasert (เพชรประเสริฐ): travelling by bus expect to pay as low as THB 290 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a flight - a one-way flight ticket can cost as much as THB 4,244.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Ubon Ratchathani to Khon Kaen:
- Bus tickets - THB 290 to THB 364;
- Plane tickets - THB 3,660 to THB 4,244;
How many trips per day are there between Ubon Ratchathani and Khon Kaen?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Buses start plying the route from 07:30 - you can also take a bus as late as 17:45. There are 10 available bus trips every day.
- Flights from Ubon Ratchathani to Khon Kaen depart during the day - there are approximately 3 departures a day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Ubon Ratchathani to Khon Kaen. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is THB 3,660.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Ubon Ratchathani to Khon Kaen
Thai Smile (ไทยสมายล์)
Taking a bus from Ubon Ratchathani to Khon Kaen is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
The most popular transport from Ubon Ratchathani to Khon Kaen
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Ubon Ratchathani to Khon Kaen? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 100% decided to go for a bus.