From Laem Sok Pier to Bangkok by ferry+van joint ticket
From Thammachat Pier to Bangkok by van
From Thammachat Pier to Bangkok by bus
From Trat Boonsiri to Bangkok by ferry
From Trat to Bangkok by van
From Trat to Bangkok by bus
From Trat to Bangkok by bus
From Ao Thammachat Pier to Bangkok by ferry+taxi joint ticket
From Center Point Pier to Bangkok by ferry+van joint ticket
From Ao Thammachat pier to Bangkok by taxi
From Center Point Pier to Bangkok by taxi
From Koh Chang Ao Sapparot to Bangkok by bus
From Koh Chang any hotel to Bangkok by taxi
From Koh Chang any hotel to Bangkok by taxi+ferry joint ticket
From Laem Sok Pier to Koh Kood and Koh Mak to Bangkok by taxi
Trat to Bangkok destination reviews
How to get from Trat to Bangkok
When you want to get from Trat to Bangkok, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Taxi. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Bus ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A taxi ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about THB 6,600. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a van as a van ticket costs as low as THB 320.
How far is Trat from Bangkok?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Trat to Bangkok. Your trip will be a total of 280 miles (450 km). The flying distance is 172 miles (276 km).
How long does it take to get from Trat to Bangkok?
The travel time from Trat to Bangkok can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 5 to 9 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Trat to Bangkok?
The cost of the trip from Trat to Bangkok varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Triple T (ที ที ที (ทริปเปิล ที)): travelling by van expect to pay as low as THB 320 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a taxi - a one-way taxi ticket can cost as much as THB 6,600.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Trat to Bangkok:
- Van price : THB 320 - THB 350;
- Bus tickets - THB 350 to THB 650;
- ferry+van price: THB 600 - THB 630. From Trat to Bangkok starting from 09:00 Center Point Pier until 09:15 Center Point Pier
- charter+ferry price: THB 1,290 - THB 1,290. From Trat to Bangkok starting from 09:30 Koh Chang any hotel until 09:30 Koh Chang any hotel
- Plane tickets - THB 2,428 to THB 6,203;
You can order a taxi, too - an estimated cost of the ride is from THB 4,490 to THB 6,600.
How many trips per day are there between Trat and Bangkok?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Buses start plying the route from 08:00 - you can also take a bus as late as 15:00. There are 12 available bus trips every day.
- Flights from Trat to Bangkok depart during the day - there are approximately 5 departures a day.
- Vans from Trat to Bangkok depart during the day - there are approximately 5 departures a day.
- 2 by ferry+van from Trat to Bangkok starting from 09:00 Center Point Pier until 09:15 Center Point Pier
- 1 by charter+ferry from Trat to Bangkok starting from 09:30 Koh Chang any hotel until 09:30 Koh Chang any hotel
Taxis are a good option to consider for this route, too. Book a cab to take you from Trat to Bangkok any time of the day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Trat to Bangkok. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is THB 2,428.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Trat to Bangkok
Bangkok Air (บางกอกแอร์เวย์)
Taking a bus from Trat to Bangkok is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
Catching a cab is the easiest way to get from Trat to Bangkok. It allows you to tailor-make your trip, plan all the detours and see all the places you want. You can choose the type and the size of your car as well to be as comfortable as you'd like to.
Depending on the route, it might cost as much as THB 4,490.
Things to remember: It's a good idea to follow the route on Google Maps or any other GPS navigator.
A shared van is another means of transport for travelling from Trat to Bangkok. As far as travel time is concerned, it’s basically equal to a taxi ride, while price-wise it’s way more affordable. The majority of tourists book a van online in advance.
Sometimes, when trains or buses aren’t available, a van is your only way to get from Trat to Bangkok.
Things to remember: while travelling by van, you might not have as much space for luggage as you would on a train or a plane. It’s a good idea to pack only the most useful things for a van trip and put them in a backpack that will be easy to carry around.
The most popular transport from Trat to Bangkok
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Trat to Bangkok? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 985 chosen charter+ferry
- 984 users took a plane.
- 8 opted for a van.
- 3 decided to go for a bus.
- 2 decided to catch a taxi.
- 2 chosen ferry+van