From Suvarnabhumi Airport to Chiang Mai by Flights
From Suvarnabhumi Airport to Chiang Mai by Taxis
Passenger reviews out of total 3,316 passengers who traveled with us on this route.
At 12Go our operators offer three types of service:
Cheap, Fast, Good - but you can usually pick only two of them!
Cheap & Fast won’t be Good. (e.g. buses from/to Khao San Road, local buses or 3rd class trains)
Cheap & Good won’t be Fast. (e.g. VIP trains in Thailand)
Fast & Good won’t be Cheap. (e.g. private limousine services, or VIP24 buses vs Express buses)
Make your choice! Please remember that while we are closely monitoring the services, we are still an agency marketplace. That means we focus on ticketing services and route availability & coverage rather than on the factual seat reclining angle you will get on the bus today.
How to get from Suvarnabhumi Airport to Chiang Mai
When you want to get from Suvarnabhumi Airport to Chiang Mai, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Flight. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Taxi ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A taxi ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about THB 15,000. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a flight as a flight ticket costs as low as THB 525.
How far is Suvarnabhumi Airport from Chiang Mai?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Suvarnabhumi Airport to Chiang Mai. Your trip will be a total of 309 miles (496 km). The flying distance is 375 miles (602 km).
How long does it take to get from Suvarnabhumi Airport to Chiang Mai?
The travel time from Suvarnabhumi Airport to Chiang Mai can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 2 to 10 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Suvarnabhumi Airport to Chiang Mai?
The cost of the trip from Suvarnabhumi Airport to Chiang Mai varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Thai Vietjet: travelling by flight expect to pay as low as THB 525 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a taxi - a one-way taxi ticket can cost as much as THB 15,000.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Suvarnabhumi Airport to Chiang Mai:
- Bus tickets - THB 382 to THB 911;
- Plane tickets - THB 525 to THB 5,206;
- Train tickets - THB 831 to THB 1,862;
You can order a taxi, too - an estimated cost of the ride is from THB 7,254 to THB 15,000.
How many trips per day are there between Suvarnabhumi Airport and Chiang Mai?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Flights from Suvarnabhumi Airport to Chiang Mai depart during the day - there are approximately 51 departures a day.
- Buses start plying the route from 05:40 - you can also take a bus as late as 22:40. There are 27 available bus trips every day.
- Trains always run on a set schedule - there are 9 trains per day.
Taxis are a good option to consider for this route, too. Book a cab to take you from Suvarnabhumi Airport to Chiang Mai any time of the day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Suvarnabhumi Airport to Chiang Mai. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is THB 525.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Suvarnabhumi Airport to Chiang Mai
Bangkok Air (บางกอกแอร์เวย์), Thai Airways, Thai Smile (ไทยสมายล์), Thai Vietjet
Taking a bus from Suvarnabhumi Airport to Chiang Mai is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
Catching a cab is the easiest way to get from Suvarnabhumi Airport to Chiang Mai. It allows you to tailor-make your trip, plan all the detours and see all the places you want. You can choose the type and the size of your car as well to be as comfortable as you'd like to.
Depending on the route, it might cost as much as THB 7,254.
Things to remember: It's a good idea to follow the route on Google Maps or any other GPS navigator.
Things to remember while choosing a train ticket:
Consider everything carefully while choosing the class of your train travel. In most cases, the second class is comfortable enough – it features 2 or 4 berths in each compartment and is often air-conditioned.
If you’re in for a premium experience, consider getting a first class ticket. The price of first class tickets may include Wifi, and a choice of snacks and drinks.
The most popular transport from Suvarnabhumi Airport to Chiang Mai
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Suvarnabhumi Airport to Chiang Mai? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 999 users took a plane.
- 865 users enjoyed a train ride.
- 97 decided to go for a bus.
- 1 decided to catch a taxi.