Special icons you can find in results:
- Instant - Instant confirmation
- Refundable - Cancelation possible (check rules)
- eTicket - You can board by showing ticket from your phone
From Surat Thani Town hotels to Phuket by Taxis+Buses
From Surat Thani Town to Phuket by Vans
From Surat Thani Town to Phuket by Buses
From Surat Thani Train Station to Phuket by Buses
From Surat Thani to Phuket by Taxis
Transport types between Surat Thani and Phuket
Surat Thani to Phuket destination reviews
How to get from Surat Thani to Phuket
When you want to get from Surat Thani to Phuket, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Taxi. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Bus ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A taxi ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about THB 6,050. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a bus as a bus ticket costs as low as THB 195.
How far is Surat Thani from Phuket?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Surat Thani to Phuket. Your trip will be a total of 171 miles (275 km). The flying distance is 107 miles (171 km).
How long does it take to get from Surat Thani to Phuket?
The travel time from Surat Thani to Phuket can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 4 to 6 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Surat Thani to Phuket?
The cost of the trip from Surat Thani to Phuket varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Phantip 1970 (พันทิพย์ 1970): travelling by bus expect to pay as low as THB 195 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a taxi - a one-way taxi ticket can cost as much as THB 6,050.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Surat Thani to Phuket:
- Bus tickets - THB 195 to THB 200;
- Van price : THB 250 - THB 250;
- charter+bus price: THB 350 - THB 350. From Surat Thani to Phuket starting from 11:30 Surat Thani Town hotels until 15:30 Surat Thani Town hotels
You can order a taxi, too - an estimated cost of the ride is from THB 4,180 to THB 6,050.
How many trips per day are there between Surat Thani and Phuket?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Vans from Surat Thani to Phuket depart during the day - there are approximately 11 departures a day.
- Buses start plying the route from 07:00 - you can also take a bus as late as 15:30. There are 5 available bus trips every day.
- 3 by charter+bus from Surat Thani to Phuket starting from 11:30 Surat Thani Town hotels until 15:30 Surat Thani Town hotels
Taxis are a good option to consider for this route, too. Book a cab to take you from Surat Thani to Phuket any time of the day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Taking a bus from Surat Thani to Phuket is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
Catching a cab is the easiest way to get from Surat Thani to Phuket. It allows you to tailor-make your trip, plan all the detours and see all the places you want. You can choose the type and the size of your car as well to be as comfortable as you'd like to.
Depending on the route, it might cost as much as THB 4,180.
Things to remember: It's a good idea to follow the route on Google Maps or any other GPS navigator.
A shared van is another means of transport for travelling from Surat Thani to Phuket. As far as travel time is concerned, it’s basically equal to a taxi ride, while price-wise it’s way more affordable. The majority of tourists book a van online in advance.
Sometimes, when trains or buses aren’t available, a van is your only way to get from Surat Thani to Phuket.
Things to remember: while travelling by van, you might not have as much space for luggage as you would on a train or a plane. It’s a good idea to pack only the most useful things for a van trip and put them in a backpack that will be easy to carry around.
The most popular transport from Surat Thani to Phuket
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Surat Thani to Phuket? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 1000 chosen charter+bus