From Surat Thani Airport to Khao Sok by bus
From Surat Thani Town to Khao Sok by van
From Surat Thani Town to Khao Sok by bus
From Surat Thani Town hotels to Khao Sok by taxi+van joint ticket
From Surat Thani Train Station to Khao Sok by bus
How to get from Surat Thani to Khao Sok
When you want to get from Surat Thani to Khao Sok, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Taxi. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Taxi ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A taxi ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about THB 3,300. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a van as a van ticket costs as low as THB 200.
How far is Surat Thani from Khao Sok?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Surat Thani to Khao Sok. Your trip will be a total of 89 miles (142 km). The flying distance is 59 miles (94 km).
How long does it take to get from Surat Thani to Khao Sok?
The travel time from Surat Thani to Khao Sok can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 2 to 3 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Surat Thani to Khao Sok?
The cost of the trip from Surat Thani to Khao Sok varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Phantip 1970 (พันทิพย์ 1970): travelling by van expect to pay as low as THB 200 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a taxi - a one-way taxi ticket can cost as much as THB 3,300.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Surat Thani to Khao Sok:
- Van price : THB 200 - THB 200;
- Bus tickets - THB 250 to THB 350;
- charter+van price: THB 350 - THB 350. From Surat Thani to Khao Sok starting from 08:30 Surat Thani Town hotels until 14:30 Surat Thani Town hotels
You can order a taxi, too - an estimated cost of the ride is from THB 1,900 to THB 3,300.
How many trips per day are there between Surat Thani and Khao Sok?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Buses start plying the route from 07:30 - you can also take a bus as late as 16:15. There are 11 available bus trips every day.
- Vans from Surat Thani to Khao Sok depart during the day - there are approximately 9 departures a day.
- 4 by charter+van from Surat Thani to Khao Sok starting from 08:30 Surat Thani Town hotels until 14:30 Surat Thani Town hotels
Taxis are a good option to consider for this route, too. Book a cab to take you from Surat Thani to Khao Sok any time of the day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Taking a bus from Surat Thani to Khao Sok is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
Catching a cab is the easiest way to get from Surat Thani to Khao Sok. It allows you to tailor-make your trip, plan all the detours and see all the places you want. You can choose the type and the size of your car as well to be as comfortable as you'd like to.
Depending on the route, it might cost as much as THB 1,900.
Things to remember: It's a good idea to follow the route on Google Maps or any other GPS navigator.
A shared van is another means of transport for travelling from Surat Thani to Khao Sok. As far as travel time is concerned, it’s basically equal to a taxi ride, while price-wise it’s way more affordable. The majority of tourists book a van online in advance.
Sometimes, when trains or buses aren’t available, a van is your only way to get from Surat Thani to Khao Sok.
Things to remember: while travelling by van, you might not have as much space for luggage as you would on a train or a plane. It’s a good idea to pack only the most useful things for a van trip and put them in a backpack that will be easy to carry around.
The most popular transport from Surat Thani to Khao Sok
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Surat Thani to Khao Sok? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 76% decided to go for a bus.
- 14% opted for a van.
- 9% decided to catch a taxi.
- 2% chosen charter+van