From Surat Thani to Hua Lamphong by Trains
From Surat Thani to Hua Lamphong by Buses
From Surat Thani Airport to Hua Lamphong by Flights
Surat Thani to Hua Lamphong destination reviews
How to get from Surat Thani to Hua Lamphong
When you want to get from Surat Thani to Hua Lamphong, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Flight. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Train ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A flight ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about THB 4,316. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a bus as a bus ticket costs as low as THB 502.
How far is Surat Thani from Hua Lamphong?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Surat Thani to Hua Lamphong. Your trip will be a total of 389 miles (625 km). The flying distance is 333 miles (535 km).
How long does it take to get from Surat Thani to Hua Lamphong?
The travel time from Surat Thani to Hua Lamphong can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 2 to 13 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Surat Thani to Hua Lamphong?
The cost of the trip from Surat Thani to Hua Lamphong varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Transport Co (บริษัท ขนส่ง จำกัด): travelling by bus expect to pay as low as THB 502 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a flight - a one-way flight ticket can cost as much as THB 4,316.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Surat Thani to Hua Lamphong:
- Bus tickets - THB 502 to THB 892;
- Train tickets - THB 731 to THB 1,829;
- Plane tickets - THB 1,678 to THB 4,316;
How many trips per day are there between Surat Thani and Hua Lamphong?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Buses start plying the route from 07:45 - you can also take a bus as late as 23:00. There are 25 available bus trips every day.
- Trains always run on a set schedule - there are 19 trains per day.
- Flights from Surat Thani to Bangkok depart during the day - there are approximately 7 departures a day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Surat Thani to Bangkok. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is THB 1,678.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Surat Thani to Bangkok
Thai Airways, Thai Smile (ไทยสมายล์)
Taking a bus from Surat Thani to Bangkok is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
Things to remember while choosing a train ticket:
Consider everything carefully while choosing the class of your train travel. In most cases, the second class is comfortable enough – it features 2 or 4 berths in each compartment and is often air-conditioned.
If you’re in for a premium experience, consider getting a first class ticket. The price of first class tickets may include Wifi, and a choice of snacks and drinks.
The most popular transport from Surat Thani to Hua Lamphong
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Surat Thani to Hua Lamphong? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 925 users enjoyed a train ride.
- 72 decided to go for a bus.
- 3 users took a plane.