From Surat Thani Airport to Bangkok by Flights
From Surat Thani to Bangkok by Trains
Surat Thani Airport to Bangkok destination reviews
How to get from Surat Thani Airport to Bangkok
When you want to get from Surat Thani Airport to Bangkok, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Flight. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Train ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A flight ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about THB 4,213. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a bus as a bus ticket costs as low as THB 502.
How far is Surat Thani Airport from Bangkok?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Surat Thani Airport to Bangkok. Your trip will be a total of 389 miles (625 km). The flying distance is 334 miles (536 km).
How long does it take to get from Surat Thani Airport to Bangkok?
The travel time from Surat Thani Airport to Bangkok can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 2 to 13 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Surat Thani Airport to Bangkok?
The cost of the trip from Surat Thani Airport to Bangkok varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Transport Co (บริษัท ขนส่ง จำกัด): travelling by bus expect to pay as low as THB 502 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a flight - a one-way flight ticket can cost as much as THB 4,213.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Surat Thani Airport to Bangkok:
- Bus tickets - THB 502 to THB 892;
- Train tickets - THB 738 to THB 1,781;
- Plane tickets - THB 1,045 to THB 4,213;
How many trips per day are there between Surat Thani Airport and Bangkok?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Flights from Surat Thani to Bangkok depart during the day - there are approximately 25 departures a day.
- Buses start plying the route from 07:45 - you can also take a bus as late as 23:00. There are 25 available bus trips every day.
- Trains always run on a set schedule - there are 13 trains per day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Surat Thani to Bangkok. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is THB 1,045.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Surat Thani to Bangkok
Nok Air (นกแอร์), Thai AirAsia (แอร์เอเชีย), Thai Lion Air, Thai Smile (ไทยสมายล์)
Taking a bus from Surat Thani to Bangkok is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
Things to remember while choosing a train ticket:
Consider everything carefully while choosing the class of your train travel. In most cases, the second class is comfortable enough – it features 2 or 4 berths in each compartment and is often air-conditioned.
If you’re in for a premium experience, consider getting a first class ticket. The price of first class tickets may include Wifi, and a choice of snacks and drinks.
The most popular transport from Surat Thani Airport to Bangkok
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Surat Thani Airport to Bangkok? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 1000 users enjoyed a train ride.
- users took a plane.
- decided to go for a bus.