From Garasi Rinjani Travel to Jogja by Buses
From Surabaya Kota to Jogja by Buses
From Juanda Airport to Jogja by Flights
How to get from Surabaya to Jogja
When you want to get from Surabaya to Jogja, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Flight. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Bus ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A flight ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about IDR 1,178,648. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a bus as a bus ticket costs as low as IDR 154,002.
How far is Surabaya from Jogja?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Surabaya to Jogja. Your trip will be a total of 177 miles (284 km). The flying distance is 166 miles (267 km).
How long does it take to get from Surabaya to Jogja?
The travel time from Surabaya to Jogja can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 2 to 6 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Surabaya to Jogja?
The cost of the trip from Surabaya to Jogja varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Putra Agung Tour and Travel (Putra Agung): travelling by bus expect to pay as low as IDR 154,002 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a flight - a one-way flight ticket can cost as much as IDR 1,178,648.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Surabaya to Jogja:
- Bus tickets - IDR 154,002 to IDR 164,096;
- Plane tickets - IDR 1,128,004 to IDR 1,178,648;
How many trips per day are there between Surabaya and Jogja?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Flights from Surabaya to Jogja depart during the day - there are approximately 6 departures a day.
- Buses start plying the route from 21:00 - you can also take a bus as late as 21:00. There are 2 available bus trips every day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Surabaya to Jogja. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is IDR 1,128,004.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Surabaya to Jogja
Taking a bus from Surabaya to Jogja is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
The most popular transport from Surabaya to Jogja
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Surabaya to Jogja? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 1000 decided to go for a bus.
- users took a plane.