From Woodlands to Johor by train+train joint ticket
Train departures and arrivals in India sometimes may be delayed. Please do not plan connection flights based on this info.
Singapore to Segamat destination reviews
How to get from Singapore to Segamat
When you want to get from Singapore to Segamat, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Train. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Bus ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A Bus ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about SGD 44.67. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a bus as a bus ticket costs as low as SGD 2.25.
How far is Singapore from Segamat?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Singapore to Segamat. Your trip will be a total of 198 miles (317 km). The flying distance is 111 miles (178 km).
How long does it take to get from Singapore to Segamat?
The travel time from Singapore to Segamat can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 1 to 7 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Singapore to Segamat?
The cost of the trip from Singapore to Segamat varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Transtar Cross Border SG: travelling by bus expect to pay as low as SGD 2.25 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a Bus - a one-way Bus ticket can cost as much as SGD 44.67.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Singapore to Segamat:
- Bus tickets - SGD 2.00 to SGD 45.00;
- Train tickets - SGD 7.00 to SGD 15.00;
- Ferry tickets - SGD 30.00 to SGD 30.00.
How many trips per day are there between Singapore and Segamat?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Buses start plying the route from 06:31 - you can also take a bus as late as 22:30. There are 88 available bus trips every day.
- Trains always run on a set schedule - there are 29 trains per day.
- Ferries leave from Singapore for Johor 2 times a day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Taking a bus from Singapore to Johor is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
Travelling by ferry is one of the most scenic ways to get from Singapore to Johor as it combines transportation and sightseeing to some extent.
However, with these upsides in mind, you should still understand ferry travel is not for everyone. If you’re prone to seasickness it may be an unpleasant experience. As a rule, a ferry journey isn’t the cheapest way to travel During the high season ferry tickets might be hard to get, so you should always book in advance when possible.
Things to remember: ferry rides are dependent on weather conditions.
Things to remember while choosing a train ticket:
Consider everything carefully while choosing the class of your train travel. In most cases, the second class is comfortable enough – it features 2 or 4 berths in each compartment and is often air-conditioned.
If you’re in for a premium experience, consider getting a first class ticket. The price of first class tickets may include Wifi, and a choice of snacks and drinks.
The most popular transport from Singapore to Segamat
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Singapore to Segamat? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 812 users enjoyed a train ride.
- 182 decided to go for a bus.
- 6 users voted for a ferry ticket.