From Sihanoukville Airport (KOS) to Phnom Penh (PNH) by flight
From Sihanoukville to Phnom Penh by train
From Sihanoukville Virakbuntham to Phnom Penh by bus
From Golden Bayon Sihanoukville to Phnom Penh by bus
From SHV Office to Phnom Penh by bus
From Sihanoukville 705 to Phnom Penh by bus
From Sihanoukville Giant Ibis to Phnom Penh by bus
From Sihanoukville Post Office to Phnom Penh by bus
From Sihanoukville Airport to Phnom Penh by taxi
From Sihanoukville to Phnom Penh by taxi
Sihanoukville (KOS) to Phnom Penh Airport (PNH) destination reviews
How to get from Sihanoukville to Phnom Penh Airport
When you want to get from Sihanoukville to Phnom Penh Airport, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Flight. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Train ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A taxi ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about USD 179.80. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a bus as a bus ticket costs as low as USD 9.20.
How far is Sihanoukville from Phnom Penh Airport?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Sihanoukville to Phnom Penh Airport. Your trip will be a total of 109 miles (174 km). The flying distance is 94 miles (151 km).
How long does it take to get from Sihanoukville to Phnom Penh Airport?
The travel time from Sihanoukville to Phnom Penh Airport can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 1 to 7 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Sihanoukville to Phnom Penh Airport?
The cost of the trip from Sihanoukville to Phnom Penh Airport varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Cambodia Post VIP Van: travelling by bus expect to pay as low as USD 9.20 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a taxi - a one-way taxi ticket can cost as much as USD 179.80.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Sihanoukville to Phnom Penh Airport:
- Bus tickets - USD 9.00 to USD 13.00;
- Train tickets - USD 9.00 to USD 9.00;
- Plane tickets - USD 42,949,672.00 to USD 0.00;
You can order a taxi, too - an estimated cost of the ride is from USD 86.00 to USD 180.00.
How many trips per day are there between Sihanoukville and Phnom Penh Airport?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Buses start plying the route from 00:30 - you can also take a bus as late as 20:00. There are 25 available bus trips every day.
- Flights from Sihanoukville to Phnom Penh depart during the day - there are approximately 11 departures a day.
- Trains always run on a set schedule - there are 8 trains per day.
Taxis are a good option to consider for this route, too. Book a cab to take you from Sihanoukville to Phnom Penh any time of the day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Sihanoukville to Phnom Penh. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is USD 42,949,672.00.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Sihanoukville to Phnom Penh
Cambodia Airways, Cambodia Angkor Air, Lanmei Airlines
Taking a bus from Sihanoukville to Phnom Penh is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
Catching a cab is the easiest way to get from Sihanoukville to Phnom Penh. It allows you to tailor-make your trip, plan all the detours and see all the places you want. You can choose the type and the size of your car as well to be as comfortable as you'd like to.
Depending on the route, it might cost as much as USD 86.00.
Things to remember: It's a good idea to follow the route on Google Maps or any other GPS navigator.
Things to remember while choosing a train ticket:
Consider everything carefully while choosing the class of your train travel. In most cases, the second class is comfortable enough – it features 2 or 4 berths in each compartment and is often air-conditioned.
If you’re in for a premium experience, consider getting a first class ticket. The price of first class tickets may include Wifi, and a choice of snacks and drinks.
The most popular transport from Sihanoukville to Phnom Penh Airport
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Sihanoukville to Phnom Penh Airport? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 97% decided to go for a bus.
- 1% users took a plane.
- 1% decided to catch a taxi.
- 1% users enjoyed a train ride.