From Siem Reap Virak Buntham to Sihanoukville by bus
From Siem Reap Bus Station to Sihanoukville by bus
From Siem Reap Airport to Sihanoukville by taxi
From Siem Reap Airport (REP) to Sihanoukville (KOS) by flight
From Siem Reap any hotel to Sihanoukville by taxi
Siem Reap to Sihanoukville destination reviews
How to get from Siem Reap to Sihanoukville
When you want to get from Siem Reap to Sihanoukville, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Taxi. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Bus ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A taxi ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about USD 309.39. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a bus as a bus ticket costs as low as USD 19.80.
How far is Siem Reap from Sihanoukville?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Siem Reap to Sihanoukville. Your trip will be a total of 327 miles (525 km). The flying distance is 183 miles (293 km).
How long does it take to get from Siem Reap to Sihanoukville?
The travel time from Siem Reap to Sihanoukville can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 6 to 11 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Siem Reap to Sihanoukville?
The cost of the trip from Siem Reap to Sihanoukville varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Virak Buntham Express: travelling by bus expect to pay as low as USD 19.80 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a taxi - a one-way taxi ticket can cost as much as USD 309.39.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Siem Reap to Sihanoukville:
- Bus tickets - USD 20.00 to USD 25.00;
- Plane tickets - USD 57.00 to USD 57.00;
You can order a taxi, too - an estimated cost of the ride is from USD 168.00 to USD 309.00.
How many trips per day are there between Siem Reap and Sihanoukville?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Buses start plying the route from 20:00 - you can also take a bus as late as 20:30. There are 4 available bus trips every day.
- Flights from Siem Reap to Sihanoukville depart during the day - there are approximately 1 departures a day.
Taxis are a good option to consider for this route, too. Book a cab to take you from Siem Reap to Sihanoukville any time of the day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Siem Reap to Sihanoukville. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is USD 57.00.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Siem Reap to Sihanoukville
Cambodia Angkor Air
Taking a bus from Siem Reap to Sihanoukville is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
Catching a cab is the easiest way to get from Siem Reap to Sihanoukville. It allows you to tailor-make your trip, plan all the detours and see all the places you want. You can choose the type and the size of your car as well to be as comfortable as you'd like to.
Depending on the route, it might cost as much as USD 168.00.
Things to remember: It's a good idea to follow the route on Google Maps or any other GPS navigator.
The most popular transport from Siem Reap to Sihanoukville
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Siem Reap to Sihanoukville? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 94% decided to go for a bus.
- 6% users took a plane.