From Siem Reap Bus Station to Sihanoukville by bus
From Siem Reap Airport (REP) to Sihanoukville by flight
How to get from Siem Reap to Koh Rong Samloem
When you want to get from Siem Reap to Koh Rong Samloem, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Bus. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Taxi+ferry ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A taxi+ferry ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about USD 274.32. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a bus as a bus ticket costs as low as USD 25.00.
How far is Siem Reap from Koh Rong Samloem?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Siem Reap to Koh Rong Samloem. Your trip will be a total of 256 miles (411 km). The flying distance is 197 miles (316 km).
How long does it take to get from Siem Reap to Koh Rong Samloem?
The travel time from Siem Reap to Koh Rong Samloem can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 9 to 10 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Siem Reap to Koh Rong Samloem?
The cost of the trip from Siem Reap to Koh Rong Samloem varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Giant Ibis Transport: travelling by bus expect to pay as low as USD 25.00 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a taxi+ferry - a one-way taxi+ferry ticket can cost as much as USD 274.32.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Siem Reap to Koh Rong Samloem:
- Bus tickets - USD 25.00 to USD 25.00;
- Bus+ferry price: USD 37.00 - USD 37.00. From Siem Reap to Koh Rong Samloem starting from 20:30 Siem Reap Bus Station until 20:30 Siem Reap Bus Station
- Plane tickets - USD 58.00 to USD 312.00;
- taxi+ferry price: USD 274.00 - USD 274.00. From Siem Reap to Koh Rong Samloem starting from 00:00 Siem Reap any hotel until 00:00 Siem Reap any hotel
How many trips per day are there between Siem Reap and Koh Rong Samloem?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Flights from Siem Reap to Koh Rong Samloem depart during the day - there are approximately 5 departures a day.
- 2 by Bus+ferry from Siem Reap to Koh Rong Samloem starting from 20:30 Siem Reap Bus Station until 20:30 Siem Reap Bus Station
- 2 by taxi+ferry from Siem Reap to Koh Rong Samloem starting from 00:00 Siem Reap any hotel until 00:00 Siem Reap any hotel
- Buses start plying the route from 20:30 - you can also take a bus as late as 20:30. There are 1 available bus trips every day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Siem Reap to Koh Rong Samloem. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is USD 58.00.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Siem Reap to Koh Rong Samloem
Cambodia Angkor Air
Taking a bus from Siem Reap to Koh Rong Samloem is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
The most popular transport from Siem Reap to Koh Rong Samloem
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Siem Reap to Koh Rong Samloem? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 47% chosen Bus+ferry
- 47% decided to go for a bus.
- 5% users took a plane.
- 1% chosen taxi+ferry