From Siem Reap Giant Ibis Main to Sihanoukville by bus
From Siem Reap Virak Buntham to Sihanoukville by bus
From Siem Reap Mekong Express to Sihanoukville by van
From Siem Reap Airport to Sihanoukville by flight
Passenger reviews out of total 3,029 passengers who traveled with us on this route.
At 12Go our operators offer three types of service:
Cheap, Fast, Good - but you can usually pick only two of them!
Cheap & Fast won’t be Good. (e.g. buses from/to Khao San Road, local buses or 3rd class trains)
Cheap & Good won’t be Fast. (e.g. VIP trains in Thailand)
Fast & Good won’t be Cheap. (e.g. private limousine services, or VIP24 buses vs Express buses)
Make your choice! Please remember that while we are closely monitoring the services, we are still an agency marketplace. That means we focus on ticketing services and route availability & coverage rather than on the factual seat reclining angle you will get on the bus today.
How to get from Siem Reap to Sihanoukville
When you want to get from Siem Reap to Sihanoukville, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Flight. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Bus ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A flight ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about USD 122.07. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a bus as a bus ticket costs as low as USD 16.50.
How far is Siem Reap from Sihanoukville?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Siem Reap to Sihanoukville. Your trip will be a total of 513 miles (825 km). The flying distance is 183 miles (293 km).
How long does it take to get from Siem Reap to Sihanoukville?
The travel time from Siem Reap to Sihanoukville can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 1 to 17 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Siem Reap to Sihanoukville?
The cost of the trip from Siem Reap to Sihanoukville varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Virak Buntham Express: travelling by bus expect to pay as low as USD 16.50 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a flight - a one-way flight ticket can cost as much as USD 122.07.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Siem Reap to Sihanoukville:
- Bus tickets - USD 17.00 to USD 26.00;
- Van price : USD 28.00 - USD 28.00;
- Plane tickets - USD 74.00 to USD 122.00;
How many trips per day are there between Siem Reap and Sihanoukville?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Buses start plying the route from 00:05 - you can also take a bus as late as 23:00. There are 10 available bus trips every day.
- Flights from Siem Reap to Sihanoukville depart during the day - there are approximately 3 departures a day.
- Vans from Siem Reap to Sihanoukville depart during the day - there are approximately 1 departures a day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Siem Reap to Sihanoukville. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is USD 74.00.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Siem Reap to Sihanoukville
Cambodia Angkor Air
Taking a bus from Siem Reap to Sihanoukville is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
A shared van is another means of transport for travelling from Siem Reap to Sihanoukville. As far as travel time is concerned, it’s basically equal to a taxi ride, while price-wise it’s way more affordable. The majority of tourists book a van online in advance.
Sometimes, when trains or buses aren’t available, a van is your only way to get from Siem Reap to Sihanoukville.
Things to remember: while travelling by van, you might not have as much space for luggage as you would on a train or a plane. It’s a good idea to pack only the most useful things for a van trip and put them in a backpack that will be easy to carry around.
The most popular transport from Siem Reap to Sihanoukville
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Siem Reap to Sihanoukville? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 985 decided to go for a bus.
- 8 users took a plane.
- 7 opted for a van.