From Pune to Goa by bus
How to get from Pune to Goa
When you want to get from Pune to Goa, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Flight. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Train ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A flight ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about INR 7,430. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a train as a train ticket costs as low as INR 766.
How far is Pune from Goa?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Pune to Goa. Your trip will be a total of 444 miles (714 km). The flying distance is 224 miles (360 km).
How long does it take to get from Pune to Goa?
The travel time from Pune to Goa can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 2 to 15 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Pune to Goa?
The cost of the trip from Pune to Goa varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Indian Railways: travelling by train expect to pay as low as INR 766 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a flight - a one-way flight ticket can cost as much as INR 7,430.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Pune to Goa:
- Train tickets - INR 766 to INR 1,821;
- Bus tickets - INR 936 to INR 2,200;
- Plane tickets - INR 5,811 to INR 7,430;
How many trips per day are there between Pune and Goa?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Buses start plying the route from 00:10 - you can also take a bus as late as 23:25. There are 14 available bus trips every day.
- Trains always run on a set schedule - there are 9 trains per day.
- Flights from Pune to Goa depart during the day - there are approximately 3 departures a day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Pune to Goa. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is INR 5,811.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Pune to Goa
Air India (Air India), SpiceJet (SpiceJet)
Taking a bus from Pune to Goa is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
Things to remember while choosing a train ticket:
Consider everything carefully while choosing the class of your train travel. In most cases, the second class is comfortable enough – it features 2 or 4 berths in each compartment and is often air-conditioned.
If you’re in for a premium experience, consider getting a first class ticket. The price of first class tickets may include Wifi, and a choice of snacks and drinks.
The most popular transport from Pune to Goa
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Pune to Goa? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 925 users enjoyed a train ride.
- 50 decided to go for a bus.
- 25 users took a plane.