Phuket to Chiang Rai by bus, flight from THB 1,491
From Phuket Airport to Chiang Rai by Flights
From Phuket Bus Terminal 2 to Chiang Rai by Buses
Phuket to Chiang Rai destination reviews
How to get from Phuket to Chiang Rai
When you want to get from Phuket to Chiang Rai, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Flight. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Bus ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A Bus ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about THB 1,962. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a bus as a bus ticket costs as low as THB 1,491.
How far is Phuket from Chiang Rai?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Phuket to Chiang Rai. Your trip will be a total of 798 miles (1283 km). The flying distance is 844 miles (1357 km).
How long does it take to get from Phuket to Chiang Rai?
The travel time from Phuket to Chiang Rai can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 3 to 26 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Phuket to Chiang Rai?
The cost of the trip from Phuket to Chiang Rai varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is GreenBus (กรีนบัส (รถเขียว)): travelling by bus expect to pay as low as THB 1,491 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a Bus - a one-way Bus ticket can cost as much as THB 1,962.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Phuket to Chiang Rai:
- Bus tickets - THB 1,491 to THB 1,962;
- Plane tickets - THB 1,694 to THB 1,694;
How many trips per day are there between Phuket and Chiang Rai?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Buses start plying the route from 15:00 - you can also take a bus as late as 15:00. There are 2 available bus trips every day.
- Flights from Phuket to Chiang Rai depart during the day - there are approximately 1 departures a day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Phuket to Chiang Rai. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is THB 1,694.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Phuket to Chiang Rai
Taking a bus from Phuket to Chiang Rai is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
The most popular transport from Phuket to Chiang Rai
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Phuket to Chiang Rai? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 957 users took a plane.
- 43 decided to go for a bus.