From Phnom Penh to Sihanoukville by train
From Phnom Penh Giant Ibis to Sihanoukville by bus
From Phnom Penh Airport (PNH) to Sihanoukville by flight
How to get from Phnom Penh to Koh Rong Samloem
When you want to get from Phnom Penh to Koh Rong Samloem, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Flight. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Flight ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A flight ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about USD 415.00. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a train as a train ticket costs as low as USD 9.27.
How far is Phnom Penh from Koh Rong Samloem?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Phnom Penh to Koh Rong Samloem. Your trip will be a total of 139126 miles (223853 km). The flying distance is 107020 miles (172195 km).
How long does it take to get from Phnom Penh to Koh Rong Samloem?
The travel time from Phnom Penh to Koh Rong Samloem can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 1 to 20 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Phnom Penh to Koh Rong Samloem?
The cost of the trip from Phnom Penh to Koh Rong Samloem varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Cambodia Royal Railway: travelling by train expect to pay as low as USD 9.27 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a flight - a one-way flight ticket can cost as much as USD 415.00.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Phnom Penh to Koh Rong Samloem:
- Train tickets - USD 9.00 to USD 9.00;
- Bus tickets - USD 13.00 to USD 13.00;
- Bus+ferry price: USD 25.00 - USD 25.00. From Phnom Penh to Koh Rong Samloem starting from 07:30 Phnom Penh Giant Ibis until 07:30 Phnom Penh Giant Ibis
- Plane tickets - USD 177.00 to USD 415.00;
How many trips per day are there between Phnom Penh and Koh Rong Samloem?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- 4 by Bus+ferry from Phnom Penh to Koh Rong Samloem starting from 07:30 Phnom Penh Giant Ibis until 07:30 Phnom Penh Giant Ibis
- Flights from Phnom Penh to Koh Rong Samloem depart during the day - there are approximately 1 departures a day.
- Buses start plying the route from 07:30 - you can also take a bus as late as 12:30. There are 1 available bus trips every day.
- Trains always run on a set schedule - there are 1 trains per day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Phnom Penh to Koh Rong Samloem. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is USD 177.00.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Phnom Penh to Koh Rong Samloem
Cambodia Angkor Air
Taking a bus from Phnom Penh to Koh Rong Samloem is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
Things to remember while choosing a train ticket:
Consider everything carefully while choosing the class of your train travel. In most cases, the second class is comfortable enough – it features 2 or 4 berths in each compartment and is often air-conditioned.
If you’re in for a premium experience, consider getting a first class ticket. The price of first class tickets may include Wifi, and a choice of snacks and drinks.
The most popular transport from Phnom Penh to Koh Rong Samloem
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Phnom Penh to Koh Rong Samloem? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 50% chosen Bus+ferry
- 50% decided to go for a bus.