From Phnom Penh to Sihanoukville by train
From Phnom Penh Giant Ibis to Sihanoukville by bus
How to get from Phnom Penh to Koh Rong
When you want to get from Phnom Penh to Koh Rong, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Bus. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Taxi+ferry ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A taxi+ferry ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about USD 140.90. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a bus as a bus ticket costs as low as USD 13.00.
How far is Phnom Penh from Koh Rong?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Phnom Penh to Koh Rong. Your trip will be a total of 208 miles (334 km). The flying distance is 130 miles (208 km).
How long does it take to get from Phnom Penh to Koh Rong?
The travel time from Phnom Penh to Koh Rong can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 4 to 7 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Phnom Penh to Koh Rong?
The cost of the trip from Phnom Penh to Koh Rong varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Giant Ibis Transport (Giant ibis Transport): travelling by bus expect to pay as low as USD 13.00 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a taxi+ferry - a one-way taxi+ferry ticket can cost as much as USD 140.90.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Phnom Penh to Koh Rong:
- Train tickets - USD 9.00 to USD 10.00;
- Bus tickets - USD 13.00 to USD 13.00;
- Bus+ferry price: USD 25.00 - USD 25.00. From Phnom Penh to Koh Rong starting from 07:30 Phnom Penh Giant Ibis until 07:30 Phnom Penh Giant Ibis
- taxi+ferry price: USD 141.00 - USD 141.00. From Phnom Penh to Koh Rong starting from 00:00 Phnom Penh any hotel until 00:00 Phnom Penh any hotel
How many trips per day are there between Phnom Penh and Koh Rong?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Buses start plying the route from 07:30 - you can also take a bus as late as 12:30. There are 4 available bus trips every day.
- Trains always run on a set schedule - there are 4 trains per day.
- 2 by Bus+ferry from Phnom Penh to Koh Rong starting from 07:30 Phnom Penh Giant Ibis until 07:30 Phnom Penh Giant Ibis
- 2 by taxi+ferry from Phnom Penh to Koh Rong starting from 00:00 Phnom Penh any hotel until 00:00 Phnom Penh any hotel
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Taking a bus from Phnom Penh to Koh Rong is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
Things to remember while choosing a train ticket:
Consider everything carefully while choosing the class of your train travel. In most cases, the second class is comfortable enough – it features 2 or 4 berths in each compartment and is often air-conditioned.
If you’re in for a premium experience, consider getting a first class ticket. The price of first class tickets may include Wifi, and a choice of snacks and drinks.
The most popular transport from Phnom Penh to Koh Rong
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Phnom Penh to Koh Rong? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 100% users enjoyed a train ride.