From Phnom Penh Giant Ibis to Kep by bus
How to get from Phnom Penh to Kampot
When you want to get from Phnom Penh to Kampot, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Van. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Bus ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A Bus ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about USD 10.00. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a van as a van ticket costs as low as USD 9.20.
How far is Phnom Penh from Kampot?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Phnom Penh to Kampot. Your trip will be a total of 125 miles (200 km). The flying distance is 68 miles (109 km).
How long does it take to get from Phnom Penh to Kampot?
The travel time from Phnom Penh to Kampot can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 3 to 4 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Phnom Penh to Kampot?
The cost of the trip from Phnom Penh to Kampot varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Cambodia Post VIP Van: travelling by van expect to pay as low as USD 9.20 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a Bus - a one-way Bus ticket can cost as much as USD 10.00.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Phnom Penh to Kampot:
- Van price : USD 9.00 - USD 9.00;
- Bus tickets - USD 10.00 to USD 10.00;
How many trips per day are there between Phnom Penh and Kampot?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Buses start plying the route from 08:00 - you can also take a bus as late as 14:45. There are 2 available bus trips every day.
- Vans from Phnom Penh to Kampot depart during the day - there are approximately 1 departures a day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Taking a bus from Phnom Penh to Kampot is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
A shared van is another means of transport for travelling from Phnom Penh to Kampot. As far as travel time is concerned, it’s basically equal to a taxi ride, while price-wise it’s way more affordable. The majority of tourists book a van online in advance.
Sometimes, when trains or buses aren’t available, a van is your only way to get from Phnom Penh to Kampot.
Things to remember: while travelling by van, you might not have as much space for luggage as you would on a train or a plane. It’s a good idea to pack only the most useful things for a van trip and put them in a backpack that will be easy to carry around.
The most popular transport from Phnom Penh to Kampot
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Phnom Penh to Kampot? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 89% decided to go for a bus.
- 11% opted for a van.