Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh City
How to get from Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh City
When you want to get from Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh City, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Bus. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Flight ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A flight ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about USD 869.13. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a bus as a bus ticket costs as low as USD 18.00.
How far is Phnom Penh from Ho Chi Minh City?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh City. Your trip will be a total of 173 miles (278 km). The flying distance is 134 miles (214 km).
How long does it take to get from Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh City?
The travel time from Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh City can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 5 to 14 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh City?
The cost of the trip from Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh City varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Giant Ibis Transport: travelling by bus expect to pay as low as USD 18.00 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a flight - a one-way flight ticket can cost as much as USD 869.13.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh City:
- Bus tickets - USD 18.00 to USD 18.00;
- Plane tickets - USD 869.00 to USD 869.00;
How many trips per day are there between Phnom Penh and Ho Chi Minh City?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Flights from Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh City depart during the day - there are approximately 1 departures a day.
- Buses start plying the route from 08:00 - you can also take a bus as late as 09:45. There are 1 available bus trips every day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh City. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is USD 869.00.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh City
Taking a bus from Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh City is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
The most popular transport from Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh City
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh City? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 100% decided to go for a bus.