Only KTM trips are listed here.
From Arau to Kuala Lumpur by Trains
Passenger reviews out of total 94 passengers who traveled with us on this route.
At 12Go our operators offer three types of service:
Cheap, Fast, Good - but you can usually pick only two of them!
Cheap & Fast won’t be Good. (e.g. buses from/to Khao San Road, local buses or 3rd class trains)
Cheap & Good won’t be Fast. (e.g. VIP trains in Thailand)
Fast & Good won’t be Cheap. (e.g. private limousine services, or VIP24 buses vs Express buses)
Make your choice! Please remember that while we are closely monitoring the services, we are still an agency marketplace. That means we focus on ticketing services and route availability & coverage rather than on the factual seat reclining angle you will get on the bus today.
How to get from Perlis to Kuala Lumpur
When you want to get from Perlis to Kuala Lumpur, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Flight. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Bus ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A flight ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about MYR 328.56. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a bus as a bus ticket costs as low as MYR 50.11.
How far is Perlis from Kuala Lumpur?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Perlis to Kuala Lumpur. Your trip will be a total of 218 miles (350 km). The flying distance is 253 miles (407 km).
How long does it take to get from Perlis to Kuala Lumpur?
The travel time from Perlis to Kuala Lumpur can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 2 to 7 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Perlis to Kuala Lumpur?
The cost of the trip from Perlis to Kuala Lumpur varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Plusliner MY: travelling by bus expect to pay as low as MYR 50.11 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a flight - a one-way flight ticket can cost as much as MYR 328.56.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Perlis to Kuala Lumpur:
- Bus tickets - MYR 50.00 to MYR 54.00;
- Train tickets - MYR 76.00 to MYR 109.00;
- Plane tickets - MYR 126.00 to MYR 329.00;
How many trips per day are there between Perlis and Kuala Lumpur?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Flights from Perlis to Kuala Lumpur depart during the day - there are approximately 27 departures a day.
- Buses start plying the route from 09:30 - you can also take a bus as late as 22:30. There are 7 available bus trips every day.
- Trains always run on a set schedule - there are 7 trains per day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Perlis to Kuala Lumpur. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is MYR 126.00.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Perlis to Kuala Lumpur
AirAsia (AirAsia), Firefly, Malaysia Airlines, Malindo Air
Taking a bus from Perlis to Kuala Lumpur is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
Things to remember while choosing a train ticket:
Consider everything carefully while choosing the class of your train travel. In most cases, the second class is comfortable enough – it features 2 or 4 berths in each compartment and is often air-conditioned.
If you’re in for a premium experience, consider getting a first class ticket. The price of first class tickets may include Wifi, and a choice of snacks and drinks.
The most popular transport from Perlis to Kuala Lumpur
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Perlis to Kuala Lumpur? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 979 users enjoyed a train ride.
- 21 decided to go for a bus.