Penang to Kuala Lumpur Airport by bus, flight from MYR 33.67
You have applied 1 search filter
Special icons you can find in results:
Instant - Instant confirmation
From Penang International Airport to Kuala Lumpur Airport by Flights
From Butterworth to Kuala Lumpur Airport by Buses
Transport types between Penang and Kuala Lumpur Airport
Penang to Kuala Lumpur Airport destination reviews
How to get from Penang to Kuala Lumpur Airport
When you want to get from Penang to Kuala Lumpur Airport, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Flight. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Bus ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A flight ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about MYR 781.80. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a bus as a bus ticket costs as low as MYR 33.67.
How far is Penang from Kuala Lumpur Airport?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Penang to Kuala Lumpur Airport. Your trip will be a total of 249 miles (400 km). The flying distance is 205 miles (329 km).
How long does it take to get from Penang to Kuala Lumpur Airport?
The travel time from Penang to Kuala Lumpur Airport can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 1 to 8 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Penang to Kuala Lumpur Airport?
The cost of the trip from Penang to Kuala Lumpur Airport varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Sri Maju Group: travelling by bus expect to pay as low as MYR 33.67 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a flight - a one-way flight ticket can cost as much as MYR 781.80.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Penang to Kuala Lumpur Airport:
- Bus tickets - MYR 34.00 to MYR 67.00;
- Train tickets - MYR 62.00 to MYR 88.00;
- Plane tickets - MYR 145.00 to MYR 782.00;
How many trips per day are there between Penang and Kuala Lumpur Airport?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Buses start plying the route from 00:15 - you can also take a bus as late as 23:59. There are 64 available bus trips every day.
- Flights from Penang to Kuala Lumpur depart during the day - there are approximately 45 departures a day.
- Trains always run on a set schedule - there are 9 trains per day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Penang to Kuala Lumpur. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is MYR 145.00.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Penang to Kuala Lumpur
AirAsia (AirAsia), Malaysia Airlines, Malindo Air
Taking a bus from Penang to Kuala Lumpur is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
Things to remember while choosing a train ticket:
Consider everything carefully while choosing the class of your train travel. In most cases, the second class is comfortable enough – it features 2 or 4 berths in each compartment and is often air-conditioned.
If you’re in for a premium experience, consider getting a first class ticket. The price of first class tickets may include Wifi, and a choice of snacks and drinks.
The most popular transport from Penang to Kuala Lumpur Airport
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Penang to Kuala Lumpur Airport? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 1000 users took a plane.