From Penang New Asian Travel to Johor Bahru by bus
From Butterworth to Johor Bahru by train+train joint ticket
From Bukit Mertajam to Johor Bahru by bus
From Butterworth to Johor Bahru by bus
From Penang International Airport to Johor Bahru by flight
From Prangin Mall to Johor Bahru by bus
From Sungai Nibong to Johor Bahru by bus
Passenger reviews out of total 124 passengers who traveled with us on this route.
At 12Go our operators offer three types of service:
Cheap, Fast, Good - but you can usually pick only two of them!
Cheap & Fast won’t be Good. (e.g. buses from/to Khao San Road, local buses or 3rd class trains)
Cheap & Good won’t be Fast. (e.g. VIP trains in Thailand)
Fast & Good won’t be Cheap. (e.g. private limousine services, or VIP24 buses vs Express buses)
Make your choice! Please remember that while we are closely monitoring the services, we are still an agency marketplace. That means we focus on ticketing services and route availability & coverage rather than on the factual seat reclining angle you will get on the bus today.
How to get from Penang to Johor Bahru
When you want to get from Penang to Johor Bahru, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Flight. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Bus ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A flight ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about MYR 215.18. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a bus as a bus ticket costs as low as MYR 67.00.
How far is Penang from Johor Bahru?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Penang to Johor Bahru. Your trip will be a total of 373 miles (600 km). The flying distance is 349 miles (560 km).
How long does it take to get from Penang to Johor Bahru?
The travel time from Penang to Johor Bahru can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 2 to 12 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Penang to Johor Bahru?
The cost of the trip from Penang to Johor Bahru varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is New Asian Travel (New Asian Travel): travelling by bus expect to pay as low as MYR 67.00 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a flight - a one-way flight ticket can cost as much as MYR 215.18.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Penang to Johor Bahru:
- Bus tickets - MYR 67.00 to MYR 84.00;
- train price: MYR 115.00 - MYR 115.00. From Penang to Johor Bahru starting from 07:25 Butterworth until 07:25 Butterworth
- Plane tickets - MYR 215.00 to MYR 215.00;
How many trips per day are there between Penang and Johor Bahru?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Buses start plying the route from 08:00 - you can also take a bus as late as 23:05. There are 16 available bus trips every day.
- Flights from Penang to Johor Bahru depart during the day - there are approximately 9 departures a day.
- 2 by train from Penang to Johor Bahru starting from 07:25 Butterworth until 07:25 Butterworth
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Penang to Johor Bahru. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is MYR 215.00.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Penang to Johor Bahru
Taking a bus from Penang to Johor Bahru is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
The most popular transport from Penang to Johor Bahru
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Penang to Johor Bahru? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 995 chosen train
- 5 decided to go for a bus.
- users took a plane.