Pattaya to Chiang Mai by bus, train, van, flight
From Central Festival 2nd Road to Chiang Mai by van+bus joint ticket
From Pattaya Bus Station to Chiang Mai by bus+train joint ticket
From Pattaya Pannipa to Chiang Mai by van+bus joint ticket
From Utapao Pattaya Airport to Chiang Mai by flight
Pattaya to Chiang Mai destination reviews
How to get from Pattaya to Chiang Mai
When you want to get from Pattaya to Chiang Mai, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Flight. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Bus+train ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A flight ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about THB 1,782. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a van+bus as a van+bus ticket costs as low as THB 886.
How far is Pattaya from Chiang Mai?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Pattaya to Chiang Mai. Your trip will be a total of 505 miles (811 km). The flying distance is 426 miles (684 km).
How long does it take to get from Pattaya to Chiang Mai?
The travel time from Pattaya to Chiang Mai can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 2 to 17 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Pattaya to Chiang Mai?
The cost of the trip from Pattaya to Chiang Mai varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Bangkok Busline (บางกอกบัสไลน์), Pannipa Pattaya Tour (บริษัท พรรณ์นิภา พัทยา ทัวร์): travelling by van+bus expect to pay as low as THB 886 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a flight - a one-way flight ticket can cost as much as THB 1,782.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Pattaya to Chiang Mai:
- van+bus price: THB 886 - THB 886. From Pattaya to Chiang Mai starting from 10:00 Pattaya Pannipa until 10:00 Pattaya Pannipa
- Plane tickets - THB 1,304 to THB 1,782;
- bus+train price: THB 1,701 - THB 1,701. From Pattaya to Chiang Mai starting from 13:00 Pattaya Bus Station until 13:00 Pattaya Bus Station
How many trips per day are there between Pattaya and Chiang Mai?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Flights from Pattaya to Chiang Mai depart during the day - there are approximately 6 departures a day.
- 2 by bus+train from Pattaya to Chiang Mai starting from 13:00 Pattaya Bus Station until 13:00 Pattaya Bus Station
- 2 by van+bus from Pattaya to Chiang Mai starting from 10:00 Pattaya Pannipa until 10:00 Pattaya Pannipa
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Pattaya to Chiang Mai. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is THB 1,304.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Pattaya to Chiang Mai
Thai AirAsia (แอร์เอเชีย), Thai Lion Air
The most popular transport from Pattaya to Chiang Mai
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Pattaya to Chiang Mai? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 984 chosen bus+train
- 11 chosen van+bus
- 5 users took a plane.