From Namba Tennoji to Kumamoto by bus
From Shin Osaka to Kumamoto by train
From Umeda Shin Osaka to Kumamoto by bus
From Itami Airport to Kumamoto by flight
How to get from Osaka to Kumamoto
When you want to get from Osaka to Kumamoto, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Flight. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Bus ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A flight ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about JPY 34,767. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a bus as a bus ticket costs as low as JPY 9,084.
How far is Osaka from Kumamoto?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Osaka to Kumamoto. Your trip will be a total of 386 miles (621 km). The flying distance is 358 miles (575 km).
How long does it take to get from Osaka to Kumamoto?
The travel time from Osaka to Kumamoto can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 2 to 13 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Osaka to Kumamoto?
The cost of the trip from Osaka to Kumamoto varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Kintetsu Bus ZKN7: travelling by bus expect to pay as low as JPY 9,084 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a flight - a one-way flight ticket can cost as much as JPY 34,767.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Osaka to Kumamoto:
- Bus tickets - JPY 9,084 to JPY 10,680;
- Plane tickets - JPY 20,651 to JPY 34,767;
- Train tickets - JPY 21,880 to JPY 21,880;
How many trips per day are there between Osaka and Kumamoto?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Flights from Osaka to Kumamoto depart during the day - there are approximately 11 departures a day.
- Trains always run on a set schedule - there are 11 trains per day.
- Buses start plying the route from 20:25 - you can also take a bus as late as 21:05. There are 4 available bus trips every day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Osaka to Kumamoto. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is JPY 20,651.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Osaka to Kumamoto
All Nippon Airways, Japan Airlines
Taking a bus from Osaka to Kumamoto is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
Things to remember while choosing a train ticket:
Consider everything carefully while choosing the class of your train travel. In most cases, the second class is comfortable enough – it features 2 or 4 berths in each compartment and is often air-conditioned.
If you’re in for a premium experience, consider getting a first class ticket. The price of first class tickets may include Wifi, and a choice of snacks and drinks.
The most popular transport from Osaka to Kumamoto
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Osaka to Kumamoto? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 1000 decided to go for a bus.
- users took a plane.
- users enjoyed a train ride.