From Nong Khai to Vientiane by train+van joint ticket
From Thai Lao Bridge Visa to Vientiane by bus+taxi joint ticket
From Nong Khai Train Station to Vientiane by bus
From Thanaleng railway station to Vientiane by van
Nong Khai to Vientiane destination reviews
How to get from Nong Khai to Vientiane
When you want to get from Nong Khai to Vientiane, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Van. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Train+van ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A train+van ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about THB 380. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a van as a van ticket costs as low as THB 250.
How far is Nong Khai from Vientiane?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Nong Khai to Vientiane. Your trip will be a total of 71 miles (113 km). The flying distance is 12 miles (19 km).
How long does it take to get from Nong Khai to Vientiane?
The travel time from Nong Khai to Vientiane can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 1 to 3 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Nong Khai to Vientiane?
The cost of the trip from Nong Khai to Vientiane varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is PTS Transit Service (คุณเป๋อ บริการ ขนส่ง): travelling by van expect to pay as low as THB 250 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a train+van - a one-way train+van ticket can cost as much as THB 380.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Nong Khai to Vientiane:
- Van price : THB 250 - THB 350;
- train+van price: THB 330 - THB 380. From Nong Khai to Vientiane starting from 07:30 Nong Khai until 07:30 Nong Khai
- Bus tickets - THB 350 to THB 350;
How many trips per day are there between Nong Khai and Vientiane?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Vans from Nong Khai to Vientiane depart during the day - there are approximately 4 departures a day.
- 3 by train+van from Nong Khai to Vientiane starting from 07:30 Nong Khai until 07:30 Nong Khai
- Buses start plying the route from 07:00 - you can also take a bus as late as 07:00. There are 1 available bus trips every day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Taking a bus from Nong Khai to Vientiane is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
A shared van is another means of transport for traveling from Nong Khai to Vientiane. As far as travel time is concerned, it’s basically equal to a taxi ride, while price-wise it’s way more affordable. The majority of tourists book a van online in advance.
Sometimes, when trains or buses aren’t available, a van is your only way to get from Nong Khai to Vientiane.
Things to remember: while traveling by van, you might not have as much space for luggage as you would on a train or a plane. It’s a good idea to pack only the most useful things for a van trip and put them in a backpack that will be easy to carry around.
The most popular transport from Nong Khai to Vientiane
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Nong Khai to Vientiane? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 50% chosen train+van
- 39% decided to go for a bus.
- 11% opted for a van.