From Thanaleng railway station to Vang Vieng by Vans
From Nong Khai Train Station to Vang Vieng by Buses
From Nong Khai to Vang Vieng by Trains+Vans
How to get from Nong Khai to Vang Vieng
When you want to get from Nong Khai to Vang Vieng, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Train+van. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Bus ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A Bus ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about THB 859. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a train+van as a train+van ticket costs as low as THB 500.
How far is Nong Khai from Vang Vieng?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Nong Khai to Vang Vieng. Your trip will be a total of 112 miles (180 km). The flying distance is 76 miles (122 km).
How long does it take to get from Nong Khai to Vang Vieng?
The travel time from Nong Khai to Vang Vieng can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 7 to 7 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Nong Khai to Vang Vieng?
The cost of the trip from Nong Khai to Vang Vieng varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is PTS Transit Service (คุณเป๋อ บริการ ขนส่ง): travelling by train+van expect to pay as low as THB 500 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a Bus - a one-way Bus ticket can cost as much as THB 859.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Nong Khai to Vang Vieng:
- Van price : THB 470 - THB 470;
- train+van price: THB 500 - THB 500. From Nong Khai to Vientiane starting from 07:30 Nong Khai until 07:30 Nong Khai
- Bus tickets - THB 859 to THB 859;
How many trips per day are there between Nong Khai and Vang Vieng?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Buses start plying the route from 07:00 - you can also take a bus as late as 07:00. There are 1 available bus trips every day.
- 1 by train+van from Nong Khai to Vientiane starting from 07:30 Nong Khai until 07:30 Nong Khai
- Vans from Nong Khai to Vientiane depart during the day - there are approximately 1 departures a day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Taking a bus from Nong Khai to Vientiane is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
A shared van is another means of transport for travelling from Nong Khai to Vientiane. As far as travel time is concerned, it’s basically equal to a taxi ride, while price-wise it’s way more affordable. The majority of tourists book a van online in advance.
Sometimes, when trains or buses aren’t available, a van is your only way to get from Nong Khai to Vientiane.
Things to remember: while travelling by van, you might not have as much space for luggage as you would on a train or a plane. It’s a good idea to pack only the most useful things for a van trip and put them in a backpack that will be easy to carry around.
The most popular transport from Nong Khai to Vang Vieng
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Nong Khai to Vang Vieng? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 696 decided to go for a bus.
- 333 opted for a van.
- 304 chosen train+van