From Nha Trang to Ho Chi Minh by train
From Nha Trang to Binh Duong by train
From Nha Trang Southern Bus to Ho Chi Minh by bus
Passenger reviews out of total 3,693 passengers who traveled with us on this route.
At 12Go our operators offer three types of service:
Cheap, Fast, Good - but you can usually pick only two of them!
Cheap & Fast won’t be Good. (e.g. buses from/to Khao San Road, local buses or 3rd class trains)
Cheap & Good won’t be Fast. (e.g. VIP trains in Thailand)
Fast & Good won’t be Cheap. (e.g. private limousine services, or VIP24 buses vs Express buses)
Make your choice! Please remember that while we are closely monitoring the services, we are still an agency marketplace. That means we focus on ticketing services and route availability & coverage rather than on the factual seat reclining angle you will get on the bus today.
How to get from Nha Trang to Ho Chi Minh City
When you want to get from Nha Trang to Ho Chi Minh City, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Train. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Train ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A train ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about VND 1,838,008. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a train as a train ticket costs as low as VND 340,006.
How far is Nha Trang from Ho Chi Minh City?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Nha Trang to Ho Chi Minh City. Your trip will be a total of 297 miles (477 km). The flying distance is 201 miles (323 km).
How long does it take to get from Nha Trang to Ho Chi Minh City?
The travel time from Nha Trang to Ho Chi Minh City can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 8 to 10 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Nha Trang to Ho Chi Minh City?
The cost of the trip from Nha Trang to Ho Chi Minh City varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Vietnam Railways (Đường Sắt Việt Nam): travelling by train expect to pay as low as VND 340,006 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a train - a one-way train ticket can cost as much as VND 1,838,008.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Nha Trang to Ho Chi Minh City:
- Bus tickets - VND 165,003 to VND 165,003;
- Train tickets - VND 340,006 to VND 1,838,008;
- Plane tickets - VND 491,772 to VND 4,020,556;
How many trips per day are there between Nha Trang and Ho Chi Minh City?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Flights from Nha Trang to Ho Chi Minh depart during the day - there are approximately 67 departures a day.
- Trains always run on a set schedule - there are 45 trains per day.
- Buses start plying the route from 00:30 - you can also take a bus as late as 23:12. There are 14 available bus trips every day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Nha Trang to Ho Chi Minh. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is VND 491,772.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Nha Trang to Ho Chi Minh
Jetstar Pacific (แปซิฟิค แิอร์ไลน์), VietJet Air, Vietnam Airlines (เวียดนาม แิอร์ไลน์)
Taking a bus from Nha Trang to Ho Chi Minh is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
Things to remember while choosing a train ticket:
Consider everything carefully while choosing the class of your train travel. In most cases, the second class is comfortable enough – it features 2 or 4 berths in each compartment and is often air-conditioned.
If you’re in for a premium experience, consider getting a first class ticket. The price of first class tickets may include Wifi, and a choice of snacks and drinks.
The most popular transport from Nha Trang to Ho Chi Minh City
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Nha Trang to Ho Chi Minh City? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 1000 users enjoyed a train ride.
- 12 users took a plane.